Document › Details
Biodesix, Inc.. (2/27/12). "Press Release: Biodesix Announces Phase 3 Clinical Trial Collaboration with Kadmon". Boulder, CO.
|Organisation 2||Kadmon Corporation LLC|
|Product 2||ProTS® technology|
|Person||Beresford, Paul J. (Biodesix 200812– VP Business Development + Strategic Marketing before Roche + Ventana)|
Biodesix Inc., a fully integrated molecular diagnostic company dedicated to personalizing medicine, today announced a collaboration with Kadmon Corporation, LLC, to explore the utility of Biodesix' VeriStrat® test in a Phase 3 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) study of Kadmon's KD019, a reversible tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) targeting EGFR, HER2, VEGFR2 & 3, and SRC.
The Phase 3 study is designed to evaluate KD019 compared to erlotinib in patients with stage IIIB/IV NSCLC who have progressed after first- or second-line chemotherapy. It incorporates an exploratory analysis using VeriStrat, a commercially available, blood-based test that is currently used to help physicians guide treatment for patients with non-small cell lung cancer. VeriStrat testing will be performed on serum samples from the study to assess the test's utility in identifying patients with better or worse outcomes following treatment with KD019. As a multiple TKI with superior potency against wild-type EGFR, KD019 is designed to improve overall survival compared to erlotinib.
"We are very pleased to work with Kadmon on this program" commented Paul Beresford, Ph.D., Biodesix' Vice President of Business Development and Strategic Marketing. "Our successful collaboration may bring a personalized approach to this exciting new therapy." Over the past year Biodesix has forged multiple partnerships with bio-pharmaceutical companies to examine VeriStrat's utility with innovative oncology therapies and to discover novel diagnostic tests.
John Ryan, Ph.D., M.D., Chief Medical Officer of Kadmon said, "This collaboration is aligned with our strategic vision to advance leading-edge science and therapies targeting multiple pathways of proliferation and survival in disease."
For more information about the Phase 3 study of KD019, visit www.clinicaltrials.gov.
VeriStrat is a serum proteomic test that helps physicians guide treatment decisions for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). The test identifies patients who are likely to have good or poor outcomes after treatment with epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors. Samples are processed in Biodesix' CLIA certified laboratory and results are typically reported within 72 hours of sample shipment. VeriStrat has been validated in clinical studies with over 2500 patients. For more information or to order VeriStrat, visit www.VeriStratSupport.com .
Biodesix is a personalized medicine company focused on the development of diagnostic products that inform treatment decisions and improve patient care. The Company's goal is to give physicians more information about the patient and their disease; understanding the clinically meaningful information contained within each patient's molecular profile leads to better care and better outcomes. The Company's unique approach is based on ProTS®, proprietary technology which exploits the power of mass spectrometry and enables the discovery of specific molecular profiles. Biodesix collaborates with clinical investigators to address critical clinical questions, and partners with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop diagnostics to select patients most likely to benefit from novel therapies. For more information about Biodesix, please visit www.Biodesix.com.
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Biodesix Inc.
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Now Covered By Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, PreferredOne". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Independent Data Demonstrates Clinical Utility of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Independent Study Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests To Be Presented At CHEST Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/5/16). "Press Release: VeriStrat Test Identifies Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Survival on Afatinib Therapy". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Identifies T790M-Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Progression-Free Survival on Third Generation EGFR-TKI Therapy"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/23/16). "Press Release: Multi-Institutional Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests Presented Today at IASLC Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference". Salzburg....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota Provides Coverage for VeriStrat Test"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Heinrich Roder to Speak at 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Systems Biology"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (7/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix Raises Follow-on Series F Financing"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]