Document › Details
Biodesix, Inc.. (1/12/15). "Press Release: Biodesix Raises Additional Series E Financing". Boulder, CO.
|Product 2||mass spectrometry (MS)|
|Index term||Biodesix–SEVERAL: investment, 201501 financing Series E extension €12m bringing total Series E to $27m|
|Person||Brunel, David (Biodesix 200810 CEO)|
Biodesix, Inc., a molecular diagnostics company that develops and commercializes blood-based tests in oncology enabling physicians to make more precise diagnostic and therapeutic decisions, announced today that the company increased the size of its offering of series E preferred shares in a follow-on sale. In addition to the $15 million of series E shares sold in 2013 and 2014, the company brought in another $12 million, for total proceeds of $27 million from the sale. Existing Biodesix shareholders provided nearly all of the capital.
The investment will be used for ongoing development of the company’s technology platform, new product development and expansion of commercial efforts to support Biodesix’ first product, VeriStrat®, as well as new product launches. VeriStrat is a serum protein test that helps physicians guide therapy for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
“Biodesix is continuing to develop and commercialize blood-based diagnostics tests that advance precision medicine – treating the right patient at the right time with the right combination of therapies,” said David Brunel, Chief Executive Officer of Biodesix. “Securing this investment enables us to effectively bring innovative diagnostics to market that help inform treatment decisions and improve patient care in a cost effective manner.”
Biodesix and VeriStrat are registered trademarks of Biodesix, Inc.
Biodesix® is a molecular diagnostics company advancing the development of innovative products for precision medicine. The company focuses on providing physicians with diagnostic tests for earlier disease detection, more accurate diagnosis, disease monitoring and better therapeutic guidance, which may lead to improved patient outcomes. Biodesix discovers, develops and commercializes multivariate protein diagnostics based on their proprietary data analytic and mass spectrometry-based discovery platform. VeriStrat, a multivariate serum protein test, is Biodesix’ first product developed with this technology. The commercially available test provides oncologists with predictive and prognostic information to help them select between erlotinib and single-agent chemotherapy for advanced lung cancer patients. Tests are processed in Biodesix’ CLIA-certified laboratory and results are generally reported in less than 72 hours. In addition to developing novel diagnostics independently, the company also partners with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop companion diagnostics to improve utility of therapeutic agents. For more information on VeriStrat, please visit www.VeriStratSupport.com. For more information about Biodesix, please visit www.Biodesix.com.
This press release contains statements that are hereby identified as “forward-looking statements” for purposes of the safe harbor provided by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations and involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results and performance could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including, without limitation, the Company’s inability to further identify, develop and achieve commercial success for products and technologies; the risk that the Company’s financial resources will be insufficient to meet the Company’s business objectives; uncertainties relating to the regulatory approval process and changes in relationships with strategic partners. We disclaim any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Record changed: 2016-03-22
More documents for Biodesix Inc.
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Now Covered By Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, PreferredOne". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Independent Data Demonstrates Clinical Utility of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Independent Study Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests To Be Presented At CHEST Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/5/16). "Press Release: VeriStrat Test Identifies Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Survival on Afatinib Therapy". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Identifies T790M-Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Progression-Free Survival on Third Generation EGFR-TKI Therapy"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/23/16). "Press Release: Multi-Institutional Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests Presented Today at IASLC Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference". Salzburg....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota Provides Coverage for VeriStrat Test"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Heinrich Roder to Speak at 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Systems Biology"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (7/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix Raises Follow-on Series F Financing"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]