Document › Details
Biodesix, Inc.. (6/2/15). "Press Release: Biodesix Receives Positive Coverage from Cigna for VeriStrat Test. Blood-based Proteomic Test Now Covered for more than 115 Million Lives in US". Boulder, CO.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation 2||Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI)|
|Product 2||health insurance|
|Person||Brunel, David (Biodesix 200810 CEO)|
Biodesix, Inc. today announced that its VeriStrat® test received a positive coverage decision from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI). Cigna published its position to extend coverage for the VeriStrat blood-based test in May, stating the test is “…medically necessary for an individual with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)…” Cigna recognizes the predictive and economic benefit of VeriStrat serum proteomic testing as described in the Pharmacogenetic Testing Medical Policy, effective May 15, 2015.
VeriStrat testing is considered standard of care by nationally recognized clinical guidelines, and is clinically proven for use in patients with NSCLC. With test results reported in less than 72 hours, VeriStrat provides physicians with prognostic and predictive information that helps guide treatment of advanced NSCLC. Timing of treatment with clinically-relevant information from blood tests is of the essence for patients with cancer. Assessing the patient’s VeriStrat status just prior to making treatment decisions enables physicians to avoid ineffective therapy and to understand the aggressiveness of the patient’s overall disease.
Today, nearly 402,000 Americans are living with lung cancer and an estimated 221,000 new cases of lung cancer are expected to be diagnosed in 2015. “Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in both women and men in the United States. Positive coverage for VeriStrat by Cigna and other major health plans further supports the fact that this test provides clinically useful information to oncologists and that is being recognized by health plans,” stated Biodesix’ CEO, David Brunel. “This is an exciting time for both Biodesix and all the patients that benefit from the use of VeriStrat.”
Cigna Corporation is one of the largest commercial health plans in the United States with a current membership of 13.3 million people in the US, and 80 million global customer relationships. Cigna joins UnitedHealthcare (UHC), CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS), Highmark (a BCBS affiliate), Medicare and others in covering VeriStrat for their patients bringing the total number of covered lives to over 115 million in the United States.
VeriStrat and Biodesix are registered trademarks of Biodesix, Inc. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Biodesix® is a molecular diagnostics company advancing the development of innovative blood-based tests – GeneStrat™ and VeriStrat® – in oncology for precision medicine. The company provides physicians with diagnostic tests for earlier disease detection, more accurate diagnosis, disease monitoring and better therapeutic guidance, which can lead to improved patient outcomes. Biodesix discovers, develops and commercializes multivariate protein and genomic diagnostic tests on various discovery platforms. In addition to developing novel diagnostics independently, the company partners with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop companion diagnostics to improve utility of therapeutic agents.
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Biodesix Inc.
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (3/20/17). "Press Release: Study Results from Biodesix’s Immunotherapy Test Will Be Presented by Dr. Jeffrey Weber. Proteomic Test Identifies Sensitivity and Resistance to Immunotherapy in Cancer Patients"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (3/9/17). "Press Release: Biodesix and Progenetics Announce Distribution Agreement for Israel". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Now Covered By Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, PreferredOne". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Independent Data Demonstrates Clinical Utility of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Independent Study Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests To Be Presented At CHEST Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/5/16). "Press Release: VeriStrat Test Identifies Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Survival on Afatinib Therapy". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Identifies T790M-Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Progression-Free Survival on Third Generation EGFR-TKI Therapy"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/23/16). "Press Release: Multi-Institutional Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests Presented Today at IASLC Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference". Salzburg....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota Provides Coverage for VeriStrat Test"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]