Document › Details
Biodesix, Inc.. (10/31/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Now Covered By Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, PreferredOne". Boulder, CO.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Product 2||health insurance|
|Person||Biederman, Rachel (Biodesix 201610)|
Proprietary, blood-based molecular diagnostic test now widely available for patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer
Biodesix® announced today that Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio and PreferredOne health plans have established reimbursement coverage of the VeriStrat® test, Biodesix’ proteomic blood test for patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). VeriStrat has received positive coverage decisions from Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio, and Preferred One and as a result of these coverage changes, an additional 11.5 million Americans now have insurance coverage for VeriStrat.
VeriStrat results provide physicians with prognostic and predictive information to inform treatment of advanced NSCLC, and can facilitate patient-physician conversations about prognosis, life expectancy, and treatment recommendations. The test is clinically proven for use in patients with advanced NSCLC and has been recommended as such in the standard of care guidelines since late 2014. VeriStrat is often used by physicians as part of the Biodesix Lung Reflex™ testing strategy, which combines genomic mutation testing and proteomic testing to provide more complete information on tumor mutation status as well as the patient’s immune response to the tumor.
Based on published clinical data, Humana, Medical Mutual of Ohio and PreferredOne independently determined and published policy stating that VeriStrat can be considered medically necessary for patients with advanced NSCLC.
> Humana, Inc. (NYSE: HUM) is a national provider of healthcare, with 9.6 million enrolled members according to their website. Humana’s policy, “Pharmacogenomics and Companion Diagnostics” is effective as of 8/25/16 and can be accessed at: http://dctm.humana.com/Mentor/Web/v.aspx?chronicleID=0900092981a619a0&
> Medical Mutual, a privately owned, not-for-profit, member-owned mutual company with 1.6 million enrolled members, is the oldest and largest health insurance company headquartered in Ohio. The company’s policy, “Genetic testing and Genetic Counseling General Policy” is effective as of 10/14/2016, and can be accessed at: https://provider.medmutual.com/TOOLS_and_RESOURCES/Care_Management/MedPolicies/PDF/201303.pdf
> PreferredOne is a privately owned company with 285,000 members in the state of Minnesota. The company’s policy, “Molecular Testing: Tumor/Neoplasm Biomarkers,” is effective as of 9/13/2016 and can be accessed at: https://www.preferredone.com/shared/medicalpolicy/medicalpolicyactive/mp_m001.pdf
VeriStrat and Biodesix are registered trademarks of Biodesix, Inc. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Biodesix® is a molecular diagnostics company advancing the development of innovative blood tests in oncology to enable precision medicine. Biodesix discovers, develops and commercializes multivariate protein and genomic diagnostic blood tests, including the GeneStrat® and VeriStrat® tests that deliver results within 72 hours. The company is changing the standard of care by providing physicians with diagnostic tests for better therapeutic guidance, more accurate prognosis and enhanced disease monitoring to improve patient outcomes. At the forefront of precision medicine, Biodesix is developing new blood tests to identify patients who may benefit from immunotherapies. In addition to developing novel diagnostics independently, the company partners with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies to develop companion diagnostics for use with therapeutic agents.
Record changed: 2016-12-23
More documents for Biodesix Inc.
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/26/16). "Press Release: Independent Data Demonstrates Clinical Utility of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: Independent Study Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests To Be Presented At CHEST Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (10/5/16). "Press Release: VeriStrat Test Identifies Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Lung Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Survival on Afatinib Therapy". Boulder, CO....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ VeriStrat Test Identifies T790M-Mutated Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Who Are More Likely to Have Improved Progression-Free Survival on Third Generation EGFR-TKI Therapy"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/23/16). "Press Release: Multi-Institutional Data Supporting Clinical Use of Biodesix’ Blood-Based Tests Presented Today at IASLC Conference"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix’ Nicholas Dupuis, Ph. D, Speaking at MSACL 3rd Annual Conference". Salzburg....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/30/16). "Press Release: Wellmark BCBS of Iowa and South Dakota Provides Coverage for VeriStrat Test"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (8/23/16). "Press Release: Heinrich Roder to Speak at 6th International Conference on Bioinformatics & Systems Biology"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (7/27/16). "Press Release: Biodesix Raises Follow-on Series F Financing"....
-  Biodesix, Inc.. (4/15/16). "Press Release: Biodesix to Present Data from Three Studies Indicating the Utility of Blood-Based Diagnostic Tests at AACR Annual Meeting"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]