Document › Details
bioMérieux S.A.. (5/28/14). "Press Release: The General Shareholders’ Meeting of bioMérieux Approves the Appointment of Two New Independent Directors". Marcy l’Étoile.
The General Meeting of Shareholders of bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, today approved the appointment of two new independent directors, Agnès Lemarchand and Philippe Gillet.
Agnès Lemarchand and Philippe Gillet were appointed to replace Georges Hibon and Michel Angé, who did not wish to renew their terms of office as directors. The Board of Directors thanked them for the important role they have played in the Company's development for many years.
The new Board of Directors of bioMérieux will thus be comprised of Jean-Luc Belingard (Chairman), Alain Mérieux, Alexandre Mérieux, Philippe Archinard, and five independent directors: Harold Boël, Philippe Gillet, Marie-Hélène Habert, Agnès Lemarchand and Michele Palladino.
The General Meeting of Shareholders moreover approved the appointment of Michel Angé and Henri Thomasson as non-voting directors (censeurs). Michel Angé was previously a director, and Henri Thomasson was formerly Chief Financial Officer of bioMérieux.
Agnès Lemarchand: Background
Agnès Lemarchand, a French national, was born in Marquette-lez-Lille on December 29, 1954. She is a graduate of ENSCP (Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and INSEAD. She has spent her career in industry. She has served as Chief Executive Officer of Industrie Biologique Française (a joint venture between the Rhône-Poulenc group and Institut Mérieux), Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Prodical (a subsidiary of the Ciments Français group), and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Lafarge group's lime business.
In 2005, together with the key employees, she took over the Lafarge UK lime business and founded Steetley Dolomite Ltd (UK), where she serves as Chairman. In addition, she is a director on the Saint-Gobain Board of Directors and sits on the CGG Board of Directors. She is also a member of the supervisory boards of both Areva and Siclae (where she represents Bpifrance). She is a member of the steering committee of the "34 Plans de la Nouvelle France Industrielle".
Philippe Gillet: Background
Philippe Gillet, a French national, was born in Strasbourg on January 26, 1956, and lives in Switzerland. He is a graduate of l'Ecole Normale Supérieure de Paris and earned a PhD in geophysics and geochemistry as well as a State doctorate in geosciences. He was a professor of geophysics at the University of Rennes prior to becoming Director of l'Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, where he was also a professor of Earth Sciences. In addition, from May 2007 to April 2010 he served as Chief of Staff for the French Minister of Higher Education and Research. He subsequently joined l'Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale of Lausanne, where he serves as Vice President for Academic Affairs. At the same time, he continues his teaching activities as a professor and directs the Earth and Planetary Sciences Laboratory.
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for 50 years, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 41 subsidiaries and a large network of distributors. In 2013, bioMérieux's revenues reached €1,588 million with 87% of sales outside of France. bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions (reagents, instruments, software) which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Its products are used for diagnosing infectious diseases and providing high medical value results for cancer screening and monitoring and cardiovascular emergencies. They are also used for detecting microorganisms in agri-food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
bioMérieux is listed on the NYSE Euronext Paris market (Symbol: BIM - ISIN: FR0010096479). Corporate website: www.biomerieux.com and investor website: www.biomerieux-finance.com
Tel: +33 4 78 87 22 37
Aurore Sergeant Tel: +33 4 78 87 54 75
Tel: +33 1 53 70 74 64
Tel: +33 1 53 70 74 48
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Mérieux (Group)
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (2/24/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux’s VIDAS B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Becomes the First FDA-cleared Procalcitonin Assay as an Aid for Antibiotic Stewardship in Respiratory Infections and Sepsis"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (1/19/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux – Fourth-Quarter 2016 Business Review". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (1/19/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux and Banyan Biomarkers Partner to Develop, Validate and Market Blood-Based Biomarkers for Traumatic Brain Injury". Marcy l’Étoile & San Diego, CA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Business Review for the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2016". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Launches eMAG, a New Generation Automated System for the Extraction of DNA and RNA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: Pierre Boulud Appointed Corporate Vice President of the Asia Pacific Region at bioMérieux". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Lyme Disease Diagnostic Tests". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: FilmArray Respiratory Panel EZ is CLIA Waived by the FDA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: BIOASTER, bioMérieux, ESPCI, GSK, Hospices Civils de Lyon and Sanofi Join Forces against Sepsis"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux – First-Half 2016 Results". Marcy l’Étoile....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]