Document › Details
bioMérieux S.A.. (7/6/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Enlarges Its Pathogen Identification Capability on VITEK MS". Marcy l’Étoile.
|Organisation||bioMérieux S.A. (Euronext: BIM)|
|Organisation 2||Image Sept (FR)|
|Product||VITEK® MS database|
|Product 2||VITEK® MS MALDI-TOF system|
|Person||Heilbronn, Laurence (Image Sept 201405 Partner + Consultant)|
With a database of more than 15,000 strains VITEK® MS improves clinical decision-making for infectious diseases
bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, announced the launch of the first CE-marked database and reagent kits for the identification of mycobacteria, Nocardia, and moulds in a MALDI-TOF1 Mass Spectrometry System. This innovative solution further enhances the VITEK® MS system’s performance by adding 297 new species including identification of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) group, 45 species of the most frequent non-tuberculous mycobacteria (NTM), and 48 of the most medically important moulds. The VITEK® MS system’s new database and the reagents kits are now commercially available in countries which recognize CE-marking.
Mycobacteria, Nocardia and moulds are difficult to identify organisms, requiring days or weeks of specific culture conditions for appropriate growth and subsequent advanced methods for reliable identification to species level. The updated VITEK® MS system, however, can now offer simple, rapid and reliable identification of these pathogens, providing clinicians with actionable results to manage the infections which they cause, such as tuberculosis, lung and bone infections, and other serious organ infections.
“For more than fifty years, bioMérieux has introduced pioneering diagnostic innovations to fight against infectious diseases. As a world leader in microbiology, one of our priorities is to develop high medical value solutions which allow rapid and accurate detection of microorganisms,” said François Lacoste, bioMérieux Corporate VP, Clinical Unit. “Introducing the VITEK® MS new features for the rapid identification of these 3 additional groups of important pathogens enhances our diagnostic solutions for the benefit of healthcare providers, with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes”.
Based on patented methods, the VITEK® MS Mycobacterium/Nocardia and Mould reagent kits enable easy, rapid, and safe identification of these organisms. The VITEK® MS extended database now enables the identification within minutes of 1,046 species representing 15,172 distinct strains of bacteria, yeasts and moulds. The convenient, user-friendly reagent kits for use with this highly automated mass spectrometry system provide lab professionals with extremely reliable results.
For microbiologists who choose mass spectrometry for microbial identification, bioMérieux offers a fully integrated solution combining identification with VITEK® MS and antibiotic susceptibility testing with VITEK® 2, resulting in enhanced pathogen information, and superior workflow management.
1 MALDI-TOF : Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization – Time Of Flight
Pioneering Diagnostics A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for 50 years, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 42 subsidiaries and a large network of distributors. In 2015, revenues reached €1,965 million with 90% of sales outside of France. bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions (reagents, instruments, software) which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Its products are mainly used for diagnosing infectious diseases. They are also used for detecting microorganisms in agri-food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. bioMérieux is listed on the Euronext Paris market (Symbol: BIM – ISIN: FR0010096479). Corporate website: www.biomerieux.com Investor website: www.biomerieux-finance.com
Tel.: + 33 (0)4 78 87 22 37
Tel.: + 33 4 78 87 54 75
Tel.: + 33 1 53 70 74 64
Tel.: + 33 1 53 70 74 48
Record changed: 2016-08-09
More documents for Mérieux (Group)
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Business Review for the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2016". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Launches eMAG, a New Generation Automated System for the Extraction of DNA and RNA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: Pierre Boulud Appointed Corporate Vice President of the Asia Pacific Region at bioMérieux". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Lyme Disease Diagnostic Tests". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: FilmArray Respiratory Panel EZ is CLIA Waived by the FDA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: BIOASTER, bioMérieux, ESPCI, GSK, Hospices Civils de Lyon and Sanofi Join Forces against Sepsis"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux – First-Half 2016 Results". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux – Second-Quarter 2016 Business Review". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (6/1/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Acquires Hyglos and Expands Its Offering to the Detection of Endotoxins in Pharmaceutical Products". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (5/31/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux and the Lyon Civil Hospitals Strengthen Their Collaboration and Expand Their Partnership to Include Claude Bernard University Lyon 1". Marcy l’Étoile & Lyon....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]