Document › Details
bioMérieux S.A.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: FilmArray Respiratory Panel EZ is CLIA Waived by the FDA". Marcy l’Étoile.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||BioFire Diagnostics LLC|
|Today||BioFire Diagnostics Inc.|
|Organisation 2||FDA (US Food and Drug Administration)|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||FilmArray® Respiratory Panel EZ (FilmArray RP EZ)|
|Product 2||FilmArray® 2.0 PCR system|
|Person||Rasmussen, Randy (Idaho Technology 200701 COO)|
|Person 2||Morgeau, Sylvain (Mérieux 201602 Investor Relations at bioMérieux)|
bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, announced that BioFire Diagnostics, LLC, its molecular biology affiliate, received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waiver for the FilmArray® Respiratory Panel EZ (RP EZ). CLIA waiver permits use of the test outside traditional clinical laboratories in sites such as physician offices and urgent care centers.
FilmArray® RP EZ detects 11 viral and 3 bacterial pathogens associated with respiratory infections from a single patient sample and is a simplified version of the CE - IVD, FDA-cleared FilmArray® Respiratory Panel (RP). The FilmArray® RP EZ is designed to run on a single computer/instrument configuration (EZ Configuration) of the FilmArray® 2.0 system. The EZ Configuration provides a simplified user interface and results report.
“The CLIA waiver will make the high medical value associated with FilmArray® even more accessible” said Randy Rasmussen, CEO of BioFire Diagnostics and VP Molecular Biology at bioMérieux. “Syndromic testing is becoming a standard of care for respiratory infections in hospital laboratories. Further decentralization of the FilmArray® across provider networks moves the benefits of syndromic testing nearer to the patient.”
FilmArray® RP EZ clinical trials were supported by the U.S. Department of Defense Chemical and Biological Defense program through the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA). Trial sites included primary care, pediatric, community, and family practice clinics. A mix of adult and pediatric subjects with signs or symptoms of respiratory infection were eligible to participate in the study. Operators in the CLIA-waived setting, comprised primarily of nurses and medical assistants, achieved highly accurate results with overall 96.8% positive agreement and 99.5% negative agreement with an FDA-cleared molecular comparative method.
FilmArray® RP EZ will be available on the U.S. market only, BioFire anticipates commercial launch in November 2016.
FilmArray® is a multiplex PCR system that integrates sample preparation, amplification, and detection into one closed system. The FilmArray® requires only two minutes of hands-on time and has a total run time of about an hour.
The FilmArray® menu is composed of:
- FilmArray® Respiratory Panel, a comprehensive panel of 20 respiratory viruses and bacteria performed directly on nasopharyngeal swab-associated viral transport media.
- FilmArray® BCID Panel, capable of identifying 27 of the most common causes of bloodstream infections and antimicrobial resistance directly from positive blood culture.
- FilmArray® GI Panel, for identification of 22 of the most common causes of infectious diarrhea directly from stool in Cary Blair transport media.
- FilmArray® ME Panel, identifying 14 bacterial, viral, and fungal causes of meningitis and encephalitis directly from cerebrospinal fluid.
- FilmArray® RP EZ for the detection of 11 viral and 3 bacterial pathogens associated with respiratory infections FDA cleared and CLIA waived for use in the U.S.
At the end of June 2016, the number of FilmArray® units installed globally reached about 3,000.
A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for 50 years, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 42 subsidiaries and a large network of distributors. In 2015, bioMérieux’s revenues reached €1,965 million with 90% of international sales.
bioMérieux provides diagnostic solutions (reagents, instruments, software) which determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety. Its products are mainly used for diagnosing infectious diseases. They are also used for detecting microorganisms in agri-food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
bioMérieux is listed on the Euronext Paris market (Symbol: BIM – ISIN: FR0010096479). Corporate website: www.biomerieux.com
Investor website: www.biomerieux-finance.com
Tel: + 33 4 78 87 22 37
bioMérieux Image Sept
Aurore Sergeant Laurence Heilbronn Claire Doligez
Tel: + 33 4 78 87 54 75 Tel: + 33 1 53 70 74 64 Tel: + 33 1 53 70 74 48
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC
Record changed: 2016-10-17
More documents for Mérieux (Group)
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (2/24/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux’s VIDAS B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Becomes the First FDA-cleared Procalcitonin Assay as an Aid for Antibiotic Stewardship in Respiratory Infections and Sepsis"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (1/19/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux – Fourth-Quarter 2016 Business Review". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (1/19/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux and Banyan Biomarkers Partner to Develop, Validate and Market Blood-Based Biomarkers for Traumatic Brain Injury". Marcy l’Étoile & San Diego, CA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Business Review for the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2016". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Launches eMAG, a New Generation Automated System for the Extraction of DNA and RNA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: Pierre Boulud Appointed Corporate Vice President of the Asia Pacific Region at bioMérieux". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Lyme Disease Diagnostic Tests". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: BIOASTER, bioMérieux, ESPCI, GSK, Hospices Civils de Lyon and Sanofi Join Forces against Sepsis"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (8/31/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux – First-Half 2016 Results". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux – Second-Quarter 2016 Business Review". Marcy l’Étoile....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]