Document › Details
bioMérieux S.A.. (1/19/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux – Fourth-Quarter 2016 Business Review". Marcy l’Étoile.
|Organisation||bioMérieux S.A. (Euronext: BIM)|
|Organisation 2||bioTheranostics Inc.|
|Product||in vitro diagnostics (IVD)|
|Product 2||FilmArray® PCR test (product series)|
|Person||Mérieux, Alexandre (bioMérieux 201404– CEO before VP Industrial Microbiology)|
> Remarkable growth in sales in 2016, up 9.6% like-for-like, lifted by all regions and all strategic lines:
€2,103 million in sales
Up 7.1% as reported
> Strong contribution from the Americas region to Group sales growth
> Success for FilmArray® in molecular biology, with sales at almost €250 million for full-year 2016
> bioMérieux expects contributive operating income before non-recurring items to be slightly above its previous target, moving closer to €300 million
Alexandre Mérieux, Chief Executive Officer, said: "bioMérieux's excellent sales dynamic helped drive organic sales growth of 9.6% and confirms the relevance of our positioning as a specialist in infectious diseases. Given the firm fourth-quarter performance, contributive operating income before non-recurring items should come in slightly higher than our previous estimate. In this favorable environment, the Company will continue to pursue its strategic investments in order to innovate and provide its customers with high value-added medical solutions, making a lasting contribution to improved patient care."
bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, today released its business review for the twelve months ended December 31, 2016.
Consolidated sales amounted to €2,103 million in 2016, versus €1,965 million in 2015. Year-on-year organic sales growth (i.e., at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation) outperformed objectives at 9.6%, led by an acceleration of around 500bp driven by FilmArray® sales. In a volatile currency environment, reported sales growth came to 7.1%, held back by a negative currency effect of around €33 million, as well as the change in scope resulting primarily from the deconsolidation of bioTheranostics as of January 1, 2016.
Download [ www.biomerieux.com/sites/corporate/files/news-event-press-release/biomerieux_pr_sales_q4_2016.pdf ]
Record changed: 2017-02-09
More documents for Mérieux (Group)
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (4/20/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux – First-Quarter 2017 Business Review". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (4/20/17). "Press Release: The FilmArray Respiratory Panel 2 plus (RP2plus) Gets CE marked". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (4/6/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for its BacT/Alert VIRTUO Fully Automated Blood Culture System". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (3/3/17). "Press Release: 2016 Financial Results"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (2/24/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux’s VIDAS B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Becomes the First FDA-cleared Procalcitonin Assay as an Aid for Antibiotic Stewardship in Respiratory Infections and Sepsis"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (1/19/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux and Banyan Biomarkers Partner to Develop, Validate and Market Blood-Based Biomarkers for Traumatic Brain Injury". Marcy l’Étoile & San Diego, CA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Business Review for the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2016". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Launches eMAG, a New Generation Automated System for the Extraction of DNA and RNA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: Pierre Boulud Appointed Corporate Vice President of the Asia Pacific Region at bioMérieux". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Lyme Disease Diagnostic Tests". Marcy l’Étoile....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]