Document › Details
bioMérieux S.A.. (7/18/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux – Second-Quarter 2016 Business Review". Marcy l’Étoile.
|Organisation||bioMérieux S.A. (Euronext: BIM)|
|Product||FilmArray® PCR test (product series)|
|Product 2||in vitro diagnostics (IVD)|
|Person||Mérieux, Alexandre (bioMérieux 201404– CEO before VP Industrial Microbiology)|
> Strong growth in sales, up 10.9%, at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation in the first half of 2016:
Sales reached €1,001 million
Up 7.2% as reported
> Growth continued to be led by the Americas in the second quarter, supported by the return to faster gains in the Asia-Pacific region
> All of the clinical and industrial lines contributed to consolidated growth
> Excellent 62% increase in FilmArray® sales in the second quarter
Alexandre Mérieux, Chief Executive Officer, said: "bioMérieux achieved €1 billion in sales right from the first half, confirming that 2016 has gotten off to a good start. The sustained momentum in the Americas, boosted by the return to faster growth in the Asia-Pacific region, particularly in China, more than offset the modest gains in the EMEA region, helping to drive organic growth in sales of nearly 11% for the six-month period. As was the case in 2015, second-half growth is expected to come in slightly below the first-half performance and set us on a favorable course to fulfilling our ambitions."
bioMérieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, today released its quarterly business review for the six months ended June 30, 2016.
Consolidated sales rose to €1,001 million in the first six months of 2016 from €933 million in the year-earlier period. This 7.2% reported increase included a negative currency effect of around €26 million as well as the impact of deconsolidating bioTheranostics as from January 1. Year-on-year organic growth (i.e., at constant exchange rates and scope of consolidation) came to 10.9%, led by an acceleration in sales of FilmArray® for around 450 bp and of BioFire Defense solutions for 100 bp.
Download [ of full release at www.biomerieux.com/sites/corporate/files/news-event-press-release/biomerieux_pr_sales_q2_2016_0.pdf ]
Record changed: 2016-08-09
More documents for Mérieux (Group)
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (3/3/17). "Press Release: 2016 Financial Results"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (2/24/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux’s VIDAS B•R•A•H•M•S PCT Becomes the First FDA-cleared Procalcitonin Assay as an Aid for Antibiotic Stewardship in Respiratory Infections and Sepsis"....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (1/19/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux – Fourth-Quarter 2016 Business Review". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (1/19/17). "Press Release: bioMérieux and Banyan Biomarkers Partner to Develop, Validate and Market Blood-Based Biomarkers for Traumatic Brain Injury". Marcy l’Étoile & San Diego, CA....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Business Review for the Nine Months Ended September 30, 2016". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/10/16). "Press Release: bioMérieux Launches eMAG, a New Generation Automated System for the Extraction of DNA and RNA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (11/7/16). "Press Release: Pierre Boulud Appointed Corporate Vice President of the Asia Pacific Region at bioMérieux". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Lyme Disease Diagnostic Tests". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/11/16). "Press Release: FilmArray Respiratory Panel EZ is CLIA Waived by the FDA". Marcy l’Étoile....
-  bioMérieux S.A.. (10/10/16). "Press Release: BIOASTER, bioMérieux, ESPCI, GSK, Hospices Civils de Lyon and Sanofi Join Forces against Sepsis"....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]