Document › Details
BioTrove, Inc.. (11/11/08). "Press Release: BioTrove Announces R&D Collaboration with Constellation Pharmaceuticals. High-throughput Mass Spectrometry Analysis with BioTrove’s RapidFire® System Enables Enhanced Assay Development to Explore Emerging Field
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||RapidFire™ Mass Spectrometry system|
|Person||Luderer, Albert A. (Integrated Diagnostics 201003– CEO before BioTrove CEO before Ligth Sciences Inc before bioMérieux)|
BioTrove, Inc. today announced it has formed a research collaboration with Constellation Pharmaceuticals in which Constellation will utilize BioTrove's RapidFire® Mass Spectrometry (RF-MS) system to accelerate development of novel therapeutics in the emerging field of epigenetics.
"We believe BioTrove's RapidFire system, which uses biologically relevant assays earlier in the discovery process, will ultimately provide us with rapid and accurate data analysis, reducing our research and development time, enhancing our ability to rapidly and accurately identify promising new lead compounds for drug development in multiple therapeutic areas," said Mark Levin, Chief Executive Officer, Constellation Pharmaceuticals.
Constellation was founded in April of 2008 as the first biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing novel drugs targeting selective regulators of epigenetic function through a $32 million Series A financing led by Third Rock Ventures, The Column Group and Venrock.
Constellation researchers will use BioTrove's RapidFire screening and analysis system to explore a new class of drugs regulating the epigenome to alter gene expression by manipulation of chromatin's histone proteins. Slight modifications in protein structure are difficult to identify using conventional screening methods; however, RapidFire technology provides label-free, biologically relevant data so that researchers can determine which compounds may be validated or compromised before further investigation. The RapidFire system is specifically effective in lead discovery, providing fast and detailed data in both primary and secondary screens on the same platform, as well as in vitro ADME assays. RapidFire allows for the analysis of a wide range of otherwise intractable targets such as triglycerides, lipids, fatty acids, prostaglandins, steroids, coenzyme A derivatives, neurotransmitters, anti-fungals and anti-infectives, which are difficult to study using traditional methods such as fluorescence or radiolabels. Compressing the time to develop assays for this unique class of targets will enable Constellation to screen its novel epigenetic drug candidates more efficiently and effectively than current available technologies.
"Investigating novel therapeutic targets with our RapidFire mass spectrometry system provides researchers with a quick turn-around for new assay validation in the drug discovery process," said Al Luderer, President and CEO of BioTrove. "BioTrove is setting the foundation for ways to explore new clinical ideas and approaches, such as Constellation's work in the promising field of epigenetics, while reducing budgets and timelines. Our industry-leading technology supports drug discovery for a wide range of therapeutic targets and we are excited to add epigenetic targets to that expanding list."
About BioTrove, Inc.
BioTrove, Inc. offers two innovative technology platforms: OpenArray®, which advances genomic research in a wide range of life science fields, including agriculture, disease research, and public health, and RapidFire®, which enables the acceleration of drug discovery and pipeline decisions. With 11 of the 15 largest biopharmaceutical companies based on global sales as clients, and partnerships with prestigious research and public health centers around the world, BioTrove's products and services ensure that an industry committed to accuracy and speed can meet business goals.
The OpenArray® Platform enables genomics researchers to generate SNP and real time qPCR data in the hundreds of thousands of data points per day, significantly increasing the number of samples analyzed while significantly decreasing the time and cost required. The flexible format and nanoliter scale of the OpenArray system allows for easy adjustment of sample and assay numbers, achieving economical, high-throughput genomics.
RapidFire Mass Spectrometry (RF-MS) feeds samples directly to the mass spectrometer at six to eight seconds per sample, eliminating the bottleneck created by traditional mass spectrometry throughput. RF-MS is routinely used in many applications including the highthroughput screening of previously intractable drug targets, ADME assays and directed evolution studies.
About Constellation Pharmaceuticals
Constellation Pharmaceuticals is the first biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of novel therapeutics in the emerging field of Epigenetics, a new field of science which is focused on selective regulators of epigenetic function, which are critical to controlling gene function and expression. Constellation's primary focus is in oncology, but the company's platform will also be applicable to other therapeutics areas including autoimmune, inflammatory and neurological diseases. The Company's founders represent the core thought leaders in Epigenetics, responsible for key advances, insights and discoveries in the field. Constellation Pharmaceuticals is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.constellationpharma.com.
Dr. Albert A. Luderer,
President and CEO
Makovsky + Company
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]