Document › Details
BioTrove, Inc.. (8/05/08). "Press Release: New Office Enables Direct European Sales And Support, Derek Potter Appointed Director of European Business Operations". Woburn, MA.
|Group||Thermo Fisher (Group)|
|Product||RapidFire™ Mass Spectrometry system|
|Product 2||OpenArray™ technology|
|Person||Luderer, Albert A. (Integrated Diagnostics 201003– CEO before BioTrove CEO before Ligth Sciences Inc before bioMérieux)|
BioTrove, Inc. today announced the opening of its first European office and designated Derek Potter to lead its development as director of European business operations. Based in London, the new BioTrove division will serve European clients directly, providing expert support to existing customers and facilitating new partnerships with academic, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical organizations in life science fields including agriculture, oncology and disease research, bio-defense, drug discovery and public health.
"With customers and collaborations already underway in Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary and the Netherlands, the new BioTrove Europe division will serve as a vehicle to further strengthen our client ties and provide a home base from which to support and build our European user base," said Albert A. Luderer, Ph.D., President and CEO, BioTrove. "Derek's experience in the life science fields and European markets will provide invaluable guidance for our involvement in the thriving genomics industries in Europe."
Mr. Potter brings over 30 years' experience in the genomic and protein tools industry to his new position, in which he will be responsible for strategy, sales, customer support and management of dealer networks in the European market. Before joining BioTrove, he worked with Applied Biosystems, where he served as the first European Sales Manager, establishing direct sales and support operations in Germany, UK, France, Italy and The Netherlands and grew sales from zero to $3 million in the first year. He also worked with Fluidigm, where he played an integral role in establishing the European operation.
"The creation of this new division, and Derek's appointment as its leader, marks a milestone in BioTrove commercialization efforts and our expansion directly into Europe - a region representing about 30 percent of the total world market," said Robert H. Ellis, Executive Chairman and President of International Operations and Research Strategy, BioTrove. "Derek's experience and knowledge of the genomics industry in this region, combined with our new Europe-based division and technology platforms that enable breakthrough research, will allow us to maximize current relationships and readily seize new opportunities."
Mr. Potter has a B. S. degree in Biochemistry from University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST).
About BioTrove, Inc.
BioTrove, Inc. offers two innovative technology platforms: OpenArray™, which advances genomic research in a wide range of life science fields, including agriculture, disease research, and public health, and RapidFire™, which enables the acceleration of drug discovery and pipeline decisions. With 11 of the 15 largest biopharmaceutical companies based on global sales as clients, and partnerships with prestigious research and public health centers around the world, BioTrove's products and services ensure that an industry committed to accuracy and speed can meet business goals.
The OpenArray™ Platform enables genomics researchers to generate SNP and real time qPCR data in the hundreds of thousands of data points per day, significantly increasing the number of samples analyzed while significantly decreasing the time and cost required. The flexible format and nanoliter scale of the OpenArray™ system allows for easy adjustment of sample and assay numbers, achieving economical, high-throughput genomics.
RapidFire™ Mass Spectrometry (RFMS) feeds samples directly to the mass spectrometer at six to eight seconds per sample, eliminating the bottleneck created by traditional mass spectrometry throughput. RFMS is routinely used in many applications including the high-throughput screening of previously intractable drug targets, ADME assays and directed evolution studies.
Dr. Albert A. Luderer, President and CEO
Makovsky + Company
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Thermo Fisher (Group)
-  Singulex, Inc.. (12/8/16). "Press Release: Singulex and Thermo Fisher Scientific Enter into License and Supply Agreement to Bring Next Generation Immunodiagnostics to Sepsis and SIRS Diagnostics". Alameda, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (11/1/16). "Press Release: New Handheld Radiation Detector Brings Highly Sensitive Neutron Identification to Security Personnel". Oakwood Village, OH....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/28/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific to Present at Baird’s 2016 Industrial Conference on November 8, 2016". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/27/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results". Waltham, MA....
-  Fluidigm Corporation. (10/19/16). "Press Release: Fluidigm Names S. Christopher Linthwaite as New CEO". South San Francisco, CA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (10/17/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Joins Cancer Moonshot Effort". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Completes Acquisition of FEI Company". Waltham, MA....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/19/16). "Press Release: Automating the Extraction of DNA, RNA and Proteins. New Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto Automated Sample Purification System". Basel....
-  Proteome Sciences plc. (9/15/16). "Press Release: Interim Results. Proteome Sciences Today Releases Its Unaudited Interim Results for the Six Months Ended 30th June 2016"....
-  Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.. (9/14/16). "Press Release: Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes". Waltham, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]