Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA.
Unique Micro-ESR (Electron Spin Resonance) Spectroscopy Product Line for Chemistry Research and Teaching Markets; for Applied Markets in Beverage Analysis, Petrochem Processing and Dosimetry
Bruker today announced that it has acquired Active Spectrum Inc. in Foster City, California, the inventor and manufacturer of innovative benchtop micro-ESR (Electron Spin Resonance) spectroscopy systems used for chemistry teaching and research, as well as for applied and industrial applications. Financial terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
The compact and fully integrated micro-ESR systems developed by Active Spectrum expand Bruker's existing research and high-end ESR product line with unique, robust and easy-to-use benchtop discrete sample or on-line ESR systems, with remarkably good performance.
Active Spectrum's micro-ESR systems will be integrated into Bruker's ESR/EPR portfolio and distributed via Bruker's global sales, service and channel partner network into applied, industrial and education markets.
ESR is used for the detection of paramagnetic species, and its applications include the analysis of petroleum and lubricants, industrial sensing applications that include the detection of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species. In addition, micro-ESRs are excellent teaching tools and can be used for undergraduate chemistry research.
Dr. Iris Mangelschots, President of the Bruker BioSpin Applied, Industrial & Clinical Division, stated: "With this acquisition, Bruker has strengthened its expertise and leadership in benchtop and on-line ESR. Active Spectrum's unique, performance-leading micro-ESR systems offer an outstanding platform to develop tailored solutions for the industrial and applied markets using very compact magnetic resonance technology."
James R. White, Ph.D., President and Co-Founder of Active Spectrum Inc., commented: "I am delighted that Bruker, a leader in magnetic resonance known for innovation and dedication to excellence, has acquired our micro-ESR business. We are thrilled that our novel and innovative approach to this technology has been recognized and adopted by Bruker. The addition of our micro-ESR systems to their portfolio will give our customers a wide range of options, backed by Bruker's global support and service. We are excited to continue to develop new micro-ESR applications for robust, effective and affordable benchtop solutions for applied and industrial markets."
About Active Spectrum
Since its founding in 2005, Active Spectrum, Inc. has pioneered miniaturized ESR technology for the measurement of free radicals. Applications include analysis of petrochemicals additives, crude oil, on-line monitoring of lubricants, the shelf life of food products and biomedical research. Active Spectrum's products are used worldwide by both industry and academia. For further information, visit: www.activespectrum.com
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information: www.bruker.com/ESR
Head of Investor Relations
T: +1 (978) 663-3660, ext. 1479
Media contact (Bruker):
Dr. Thorsten Thiel
Head of Group Marketing
Bruker BioSpin Group
T: +49 (0)721 – 5161, ext. 6500
Media contact (Active Spectrum):
Active Spectrum, Inc.
Record changed: 2017-01-17
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]