Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (3/15/10). "Press Release: Bruker Energy & Supercon (BEST) Acquires Assets of AIXUV GmbH. Acquisition Adds Extreme Ultraviolet (XUV/EUV) Technologies to BEST Portfolio for Large-scale Science Tools". Bergisch-Gladbach.
|Organisation||Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies Inc. (BEST)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||AIXUV GmbH|
|Today||Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies Inc. (BEST)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Index term||AIXUV–Bruker Corp: investment, 201003 acquisition €na of assets of AIXUV GmbH by BEST|
|Person||Klein, Hans-Udo (Bruker 201003 VP Business Development for BEST)|
Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Inc. (BEST) today announced that its subsidiary has acquired the assets of AIXUV GmbH in Aachen, Germany, a company specializing in XUV/EUV systems and key components. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed, and AIXUV has been relocated to the BEST operations in Bergisch Gladbach.
With the integration of key AIXUV staff, know-how and products, BEST has strengthened its position in several emerging applications in the XUV/EUV (extreme ultraviolet) spectral range. Due to its physical properties, XUV/EUV light allows chemically sensitive measurements with nanometer lateral resolution. Scientific research applications range from high-resolution chemical analysis or thin film characterization, e.g. of organic LEDs or high-k dielectrics, to X-ray transmission microscopy and 3D tomographic imaging of biological cells. Furthermore, EUV is the upcoming semiconductor lithography technology and will require 'at-wavelength' metrology tools in different stages of EUV fabrication and its emerging supply chain.
This acquisition extends BEST's product portfolio to include discharge-based XUV/EUV radiation sources. Based on such XUV/EUV sources, new metrology and scientific research products are available, e.g. for EUV resist characterization, XUV/EUV reflectometry, spectrophotometry, microscopy, and chemical analysis of nanolayers and nanostructures.
Dr. Hans-Udo Klein, Vice President of Business Development for BEST, explained: "This acquisition paves the way for the development of our business in new markets for scientific research and metrology in the extreme ultraviolet, or soft X-ray, spectral range. In future years, these new XUV/EUV product lines are intended to generate significant additional profitable growth for BEST."
Wolfgang Diete, Director of BEST's Synchrotron & Beamline business, added: "Based on our extensive know-how in synchrotron based solutions and in combination with AIXUV's expertise, we will further develop and market stand-alone and modular XUV/EUV products."
About Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Inc.
Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies (BEST), Inc. is a subsidiary of Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), and is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced superconducting materials and superconducting devices for emerging cleantech and alternative energy markets.
In synchrotron and beamline instrumentation, BEST is a supplier with world-leading expertise and a product range from complete turn-key beamlines for synchrotron light sources to individual beamline components, including insertion devices, different monochromators, mirror systems, beam monitors and other beamline components, as well as complete instruments for synchrotron protein crystallography and X-ray microscopy.
For more information on Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, please visit: www.bruker-est.com
About AIXUV GmbH
AIXUV GmbH was founded in 2000 by Dr. Rainer Lebert and his colleagues from Fraunhofer Institute of Laser Technology (FhG-ILT), as a spin-off from RWTH Aachen and FhG-ILT, with focus on developing and manufacturing sources and solutions for laboratory stand-alone EUV and XUV tasks. AIXUV is active in the field of EUV lithography and develops, manufactures and markets XUV/EUV radiation sources, metrology tools and customer specific stand-alone solutions for industrial applications.
Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies, Inc.
Dr. Hans-Udo Klein, +1-978-901-7557
Vice President, Business Development
Wolfgang Diete, +49-2204-84-2512
Director, Synchrotron & Beamline Systems
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]