Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA.
Key molecular imaging technology positions Bruker for growth in preclinical PET/MRI and PET/SPECT/CT
Bruker today announced that it has completed the acquisition of the preclinical PET imaging business of Oncovision, a leading provider of innovative medical imaging devices. Bruker had previously announced an agreement to acquire this business in September 2016. Financial terms were not disclosed.
The recently introduced, next-generation AlbiraSi™ preclinical PET/SPECT/CT system features advanced silicon photomultiplier (SiPM) technology. This proprietary detector technology allows the highest full field-of-view PET resolution and sensitivity, a major advantage over traditional PET technology. This innovation has also allowed the development of the first SiPM-based PET insert for preclinical MRI systems, giving researchers the benefit of simultaneous PET and MRI measurements.
Dr. Wulf I. Jung, President of Bruker's Preclinical Imaging Division, stated: "PET imaging is one of the most important imaging modalities for translational research. With this acquisition Bruker is strengthening its leadership in preclinical imaging. The unique, performance-leading SiPM PET detector technology, and other PET capabilities developed in close collaboration with the molecular imaging institute I3M and the University of Valencia, offer outstanding spatial resolution across the full field of view (FOV), increasing the high-resolution FOV by an order of magnitude compared to traditional PET systems, and thereby facilitating quantitative imaging investigations."
Frank H. Laukien, Ph.D., President and CEO of Bruker Corporation, commented: "Bruker continues to invest and position itself for sustainable growth in the important preclinical imaging market. We are very pleased with this advanced technology acquisition, and believe that our unique PET/MRI and PET/SPECT/CT systems will significantly advance quantitative, highest resolution PET translational research."
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information: www.bruker.com/preclinicalimaging
Head of Investor Relations
T: +1 (978) 663-3660, ext. 1479
Dr. Thorsten Thiel
Head of Group Marketing
Bruker BioSpin Group
T: +49 (0)721–5161, ext. 6500
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]