Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/21/10). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Sigma ElectroOptics GmbH to Expand Its Infrared Remote Detection Gas Analysis Business". Ettlingen.
|Organisation||Bruker Optics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker BioSciences (Group)|
|Person||Faeh, Urban (Bruker 201001– President Bruker Optics division joined Bruker 1998 as sales manager)|
Bruker today announced the signing of an agreement with simultaneous closing of the acquisition of Sigma ElectroOptics GmbH ('Sigma'), based in Hamburg, Germany. Sigma's 2010 revenue is expected to be about one million Euro (approximately $1.3 million). Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed. Sigma will be integrated into the Bruker Optics infrared and Raman spectroscopy division in Ettlingen, Germany.
Sigma develops and produces remote gas sensing systems based on dispersive and Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, and is developing novel hyper-spectral infrared imaging products. This acquisition further expands Bruker's leading infrared remote gas sensing business, and complements Bruker's existing RAPID(TM) line of mil-spec FT-IR remote sensing systems for defense applications.
Sigma's product line focuses on remote detection of hazardous substances in industrial, environmental and homeland security applications. Sigma products are used for Toxic Industrial Chemical (TIC) gas detection and visualization of clouds of released gases, e.g. for detecting and localizing pipeline leaks. Sigma products have also played a role in securing high-profile events such as the Climate Summit 2009 in Copenhagen, Denmark. For more information, please visit www.sigma-electrooptics.com.
Mr. Urban Faeh, President of Bruker Optics, commented: "We are excited about the addition of the Sigma group to Bruker Optics, as they complement our FT-IR and Raman based product lines and market strategies. With the additional Sigma high-performance products, and the acquired intellectual property and applications know-how, Bruker is planning to become an even stronger player in industrial and homeland security infrared gas analysis."
Professor Dr. Roland Harig, co-founder and General Manager of Sigma, commented: "This is a great chance for Sigma to increase our global market coverage. We have already been in a successful OEM relationship with Bruker, and we are now excited to join the Bruker team which should enable us to further ramp up worldwide distribution and service of our existing products. Moreover, the technical synergies with Bruker should accelerate the development and introduction of next-generation products on our product roadmap."
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
Stacey Desrochers, +1-978-663-3660, ext. 1115
Treasurer and Director of Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Bruker BioSciences (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (6/13/16). "Press Release: Bruker Optics Donates the Ludwig-Genzel-Prize 2016"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (5/10/16). "Press Release: The Senterra II – a New Level of Performance in Raman Microscopy". Munich....
-  Bruker Corporation. (5/10/16). "Press Release: Bruker Launches the New MATRIX-MG Series Gas Analyzers". Munich....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/9/15). "Press Release: Bruker Launches New BRAVO Handheld Raman Spectrometer for Raw Materials Identification". Ettlingen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (5/15/14). "Press Release: Bruker Wins Two Significant Orders for FT-NIR Spectrometers in China". Beijing....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/14). "Press Release: MIR-FIR Spectroscopy in One Step – an FT-IR Dream Becomes a Reality". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Expands Infrared Remote Sensing Product Line with Hyperspectral Imaging System HI 90". Orlando, FL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Successful Market Introduction of Bruker’s New Tango FT-NIR Spectrometer". Orlando, FL....
-  –. (3/1/12). "News: Bruker Investigation Finds Employees Bribed Chinese Officials". New York....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/12/10). "Press Release: Bruker Appoints Urban Faeh as President of Its Bruker Optics Division". Billerica, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]