Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (4/2/12). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SkyScan, a Leading Provider of Micro-CT Systems for 3D X-ray Imaging in Materials Research and Preclinical Studies". Antwerp.
Bruker Corporation today announced that it has acquired all of the shares of SkyScan N.V., a scientific instruments company located near Antwerp, Belgium. Financial details were not disclosed. For the remainder for 2012, the acquisition of SkyScan is expected to add approximately $13 million to Bruker's revenue and to be accretive to EPS by about $0.01. SkyScan's revenue is derived approximately 50% from materials science and 50% from life science and preclinical imaging applications.
SkyScan develops, manufactures and distributes worldwide advanced, high-resolution micro computed tomography (CT) systems for three-dimensional (3D) X-ray imaging. SkyScan's micro-CT instruments can be configured for numerous applications in materials research and in the life sciences, including in vivo preclinical animal imaging, in vitro bone and soft tissue imaging, 3D imaging of electronic components, synthetic materials, new devices such as microsensors and cardio-stimulators, geological samples, fuel cell components, ceramics, and more.
Following the acquisition, the company has been renamed Bruker microCT N.V., and will continue to operate from the company-owned premises in Belgium under its previous management. The new Bruker microCT business will continue to produce all micro-CT instruments under the SkyScan brand, and will provide enhanced global support for the installed worldwide base of SkyScan.
With global Bruker distribution and customer service capabilities for materials research, preclinical imaging, and SEM accessories, the Bruker microCT business is now well positioned to drive the further profitable growth of the SkyScan 3D micro-CT imaging products. In addition, most successful SkyScan distributors will be able to continue to distribute SkyScan products in their countries or market segments. Bruker intends to invest in additional micro-CT applications and demo centers to further enhance customer collaborations and support worldwide.
Dr. Alexander Sasov, founder and CEO of the former SkyScan company, and now Managing Director and CEO of Bruker microCT, commented: "We have been looking for a strong and competent strategic partner to continue the rapid growth that SkyScan has enjoyed over many years. I am very glad that with the strong Bruker brand and the additional worldwide Bruker distribution channels and support network, we have found exactly what we were looking for to drive our micro-CT business to the next level of success."
Frank Laukien, PhD, President and CEO of Bruker Corporation, added: "We are excited to have Alexander Sasov and his capable SkyScan team join us, adding in-depth 3D X-ray micro-CT imaging experience to Bruker. We are impressed by the portfolio of high-performance SkyScan products which fit nicely into our global materials research and preclinical imaging distribution channels, and which complement our other X-ray analysis and preclinical MRI products. The Bruker microCT team shares our philosophy of innovation, quality and customer support excellence."
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information about Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit http://www.bruker.com.
SkyScan N.V. designs, manufactures, markets and services instruments for 3D X-ray micro-CT imaging for customers in materials and life science. SkyScan is located close to Antwerp, Belgium. For more information, please visit http://www.skyscan.be.
Stacey Desrochers, +1 978-663-3660, ext. 1115
Director of Investor Relations
Record changed: 2012-04-05
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (6/10/13). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Powerful New Mass Spectrometry Systems and Solutions for Life-Science Research, Clinical Research, Pharma and Applied Markets". Minneapolis, MN....
-  Bruker Corporation. (6/10/13). "Press Release: Sensational New Proteomics Results Using New impact HD Mass Spectrometer with Novel CaptiveSpray nanoBooster Ion Source". Minneapolis, MN....
-  Imperial College London. (6/5/13). "Press Release: New Centre Will Decipher Roles of Nature and Nurture in Human Health"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (6/4/13). "Press Release: Bruker and 3M Sign Exclusive Patent License Agreement". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (5/14/13). "Press Release: Bruker and SCiLS GmbH Announce an Exclusive Partnership for SCiLS Lab Software for MALDI Imaging". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (5/2/13). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (4/29/13). "Press Release: Bruker Expands Capabilities of MALDI Biotyper Platform for Microbiology". Berlin....
-  Becton, Dickinson and Company. (4/27/13). "Press Release: BD Diagnostics Advances Commitment to a Fully Integrated Microbiology Solution with New Agreement". Sparks, MD....
-  University of Bremen, MALDI Imaging Lab. (4/25/13). "Press Release: MALDI Imaging Lab at the University of Bremen Becomes DFG National Core Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (4/18/13). "Press Release: Bruker and the Genome British Columbia Proteomics Centre at the University of Victoria Announce Collaboration on Development of High Throughput iMALDI Assays". Victoria, BC....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]