Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/20/16). "Press Release: Bruker Acquires Software Assets for Next-Generation Automated and Quantitative Mineral Identification and Characterization". Berlin.
Bruker today announced that it has acquired the assets of Yingsheng Technology Pty Ltd. in Brisbane, Australia, that relate to the 3rd generation Advanced Mineral Identification and Characterization System (AMICS) software package, and respective IP for advanced minerals identification and characterization.
AMICS Mineral Phase Map
AMICS is a highly innovative software platform for automated identification and quantification of mineral and synthetic phases. It can be used in conjunction with either scanning electron microscopes (SEM) and SEM-related energy dispersive X-ray spectrometers (EDS), or now also with novel micro X-ray fluorescence (µXRF) analyzers. Its versatile, 3rd-generation automation and forward-thinking quantitative analysis capabilities make AMICS an ideal tool for research in geological and material sciences, as well as for fast, efficient and precise phase analysis in various industrial and exploration applications, such as mining, oil & gas, coal, cement, refining and recycling.
"We are very pleased with the addition of the AMICS software to our portfolio of analytical tools for electron microscopy and µXRF analysis," commented Thomas Schuelein, President of Bruker's Nano Analytics Division. "Making AMICS an integral part of our QUANTAX™ EDS systems will enable us to offer researchers and OEM partners in earth and material sciences enhanced analytical power for minerals characterization. With AMICS we can now even better serve the increasing demand in the mining and other industries for fast, highly productive and precise automated phase analysis."
Mr. Schuelein continued: "Furthermore, combining AMICS with our novel and performance-leading µXRF system M4 TORNADO™, will augment today's workflows in the fields of minerals exploration and production, as it will allow micro-scale analysis on large samples, such as rocks, drill core sections, etc., without elaborate sample preparation.
We are pleased that, as part of the asset purchase agreement, the key software and applications engineers who created AMICS under the direction of Yingsheng's founder and CEO, Dr. Ying Gu, have transitioned to Bruker, enabling continuity in the further development and commercialization of AMICS going forward."
The financial details of the asset purchase agreement were not disclosed.
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical and clinical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160615/379766
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bruker-acquires-software-assets-for-next-generation-automated-and-quantitative-mineral-identification-and-characterization-300285273.html
Marketing Communications Manager,
Bruker Nano Analytics Division,
T: 49 (30) 670990-802,
T: 1 (978) 663-3660, ext. 1115,
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]