Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/20/16). "Press Release: Bruker Acquires Software Assets for Next-Generation Automated and Quantitative Mineral Identification and Characterization". Berlin.
Bruker today announced that it has acquired the assets of Yingsheng Technology Pty Ltd. in Brisbane, Australia, that relate to the 3rd generation Advanced Mineral Identification and Characterization System (AMICS) software package, and respective IP for advanced minerals identification and characterization.
AMICS Mineral Phase Map
AMICS is a highly innovative software platform for automated identification and quantification of mineral and synthetic phases. It can be used in conjunction with either scanning electron microscopes (SEM) and SEM-related energy dispersive X-ray spectrometers (EDS), or now also with novel micro X-ray fluorescence (µXRF) analyzers. Its versatile, 3rd-generation automation and forward-thinking quantitative analysis capabilities make AMICS an ideal tool for research in geological and material sciences, as well as for fast, efficient and precise phase analysis in various industrial and exploration applications, such as mining, oil & gas, coal, cement, refining and recycling.
"We are very pleased with the addition of the AMICS software to our portfolio of analytical tools for electron microscopy and µXRF analysis," commented Thomas Schuelein, President of Bruker's Nano Analytics Division. "Making AMICS an integral part of our QUANTAX™ EDS systems will enable us to offer researchers and OEM partners in earth and material sciences enhanced analytical power for minerals characterization. With AMICS we can now even better serve the increasing demand in the mining and other industries for fast, highly productive and precise automated phase analysis."
Mr. Schuelein continued: "Furthermore, combining AMICS with our novel and performance-leading µXRF system M4 TORNADO™, will augment today's workflows in the fields of minerals exploration and production, as it will allow micro-scale analysis on large samples, such as rocks, drill core sections, etc., without elaborate sample preparation.
We are pleased that, as part of the asset purchase agreement, the key software and applications engineers who created AMICS under the direction of Yingsheng's founder and CEO, Dr. Ying Gu, have transitioned to Bruker, enabling continuity in the further development and commercialization of AMICS going forward."
The financial details of the asset purchase agreement were not disclosed.
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical and clinical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160615/379766
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bruker-acquires-software-assets-for-next-generation-automated-and-quantitative-mineral-identification-and-characterization-300285273.html
Marketing Communications Manager,
Bruker Nano Analytics Division,
T: 49 (30) 670990-802,
T: 1 (978) 663-3660, ext. 1115,
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]