Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/25/09). "Press Release: Bruker’s CBRNE Detection Business Announces Contract Award for Ten First Article Test Systems for US Navy Improved Point Detection System (IPDS) Replacement Program". Billerica, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Detection Corporation|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||US Navy|
|Group||United States (govt)|
|Product||RAID™-M handheld chemical agent detector|
Bruker Detection Corporation today announced that it has been awarded a contract for ten (10) first article test and verification units for the Improved Point Detection System (IPDS) replacement program of the United States Navy, based on Bruker's RAID™-S2 shipboard chemical detector. The award includes ten units and certain engineering modifications, with a total contract amount greater than one million dollars.
Bruker's RAID-S2 is a gas trace detector for the detection of chemical warfare agents (CWAs) and toxic industrial chemicals (TICs). It is based on advanced high-performance ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) technology. The RAID-S2 is specifically designed for long-term monitoring of ambient air for the presence of hazardous chemical vapors in the interior or exterior of ships, buildings or shelters.
Mr. Frank Thibodeau, Vice President of Bruker Detection Corporation, commented: "The IPDS evaluation program consisted of a challenging competitive testing regime under demanding environments which pushed the limits of chemical point detection systems. The RAID-S2 performed very well in these evaluation trials and has been selected by the U.S. Department of Defense for final test and validation of production units. We are delighted to have been selected for the IPDS program by the US Navy, and believe that Bruker's robust and proven RAID™ IMS technology, unsurpassed detection capability, and proprietary industry-leading false-alarm suppression have led to this contract award. These technological features are also built into our industry-leading RAID™-M handheld detector, RAID™-XP portable combined chemical and gamma radiation detector, as well as our RAID™-AFM Autonomous Facility Monitor for critical building and infrastructure protection, which has been developed under a separate Department of Homeland Security development contract."
ABOUT BRUKER DETECTION
For more information about Bruker's CBRNE Detection Business and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bruker.com/detection
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to adverse changes in conditions in the global economy and volatility in the capital markets, the integration of businesses we have acquired or may acquire in the future, changing technologies, product development and market acceptance of our products, the cost and pricing of our products, manufacturing, competition, dependence on collaborative partners and key suppliers, capital spending and government funding policies, changes in governmental regulations, intellectual property rights, litigation, and exposure to foreign currency fluctuations. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including, without limitation, our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008, our most recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and our current reports on Form 8-K. We disclaim any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements other than as required by law.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=5994744&lang=en
Bruker Detection Corporation
Frank Thibodeau, +1 978-663-3660, ext. 1308
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]