Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (7/30/12). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Dimension FastScan Bio AFM for Biological Dynamics. First Commercial Bio-AFM to Capture High-resolution Dynamics with Ease". Phoenix, AZ.
At the Microscopy & Microanalysis (M&M) 2012 Annual Meeting, Bruker today announced the Dimension FastScan Bio™ Atomic Force Microscope (AFM), which enables high-resolution microscopy research in biological dynamics. Breakthrough innovations in the design of the FastScan Bio system have resulted in a fast scanning AFM that allows temporal investigation under physiological operating environments in fluid while exceeding the diffraction limits of optical microscopy. The system also introduces a new user interface making significant strides in ease of use and productivity for biologists. The combination of these and other innovative features on the performance-leading Dimension FastScan™ platform makes FastScan Bio the first commercial AFM that can provide temporal resolution in frames-per-second for live biological sample observations.
"Research equipment to investigate biological dynamics at the nanoscale has up to now only been available to a select cadre of AFM experts," said Mark R. Munch, Ph.D., President of the Bruker Nano Surfaces Division. "Now, with FastScan Bio, advanced studies of the dynamics behind protein, DNA, RNA, membrane, cell and tissue interactions is an easy possibility for mainstream biology research."
"We have combined our innovative fast scanning technology with decades of AFM expertise into an intuitive and easy-to-use interface for biologists," added David V. Rossi, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Bruker's AFM Business. "This opens the door for every biology lab to observe the mechanisms of biological machines performing biological functions at AFM spatial resolution."
About Dimension FastScan Bio
FastScan Bio AFM
The Dimension FastScan Bio system utilizes a revolutionary XYZ scanner designed to operate at high-speed rates while delivering extremely low drift and low noise, along with a small volume fluid sample cell and a user interface that removes operational complexity. Other features include an industry-proven fast scanner, automated laser and detector alignment, an easy sample engaging process, and the capability to investigate samples in a droplet of solution or its 60 micro-liter sample cell. The system's innovative user interface reduces complexity for experimentation and dramatically increases the success rate of experiments. With the FastScan Bio, productive spatiotemporal nanometer scale research is a reality for every bio researcher.
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
Bruker Corporation is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information about Bruker Corporation, please visit www.bruker.com.
Bruker Nano Surfaces Division
T: +1 (520) 741-1044 x1022
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]