Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/1/09). "Press Release: At ASMS 2009, Bruker Introduces Three Major New High-performance Mass Spectrometry Platforms and Advances Its Applied Proteomics Solutions". Philadelphia.
At the 57th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics (www.asms.org), Bruker Daltonics today launches three completely new, major high-performance mass spectrometry platforms for life-science applications in proteomics, small molecule research and applied markets, as well as in clinical research and IVD applications. With the unprecedented introduction of three major new mass spec product lines, and very significant advances in its applied proteomics solutions, Bruker Daltonics is embarking on a bold mission to set new performance and application standards in many areas of life-science mass spectrometry.
At ASMS 2008, Bruker launched its unique high-speed Ultra-High Resolution TOF (UHR-TOF) mass spectrometer, called maXis™, which has become a very successful highest performance, no-compromise system for proteomics and small molecule applications with a large number of installations in many leading pharmaceutical and academic laboratories. At ASMS 2009, Bruker launches three all-new, truly innovative major mass spectrometry platforms, each of which has been announced with a dedicated, detailed press release in recent weeks:
* ultrafleXtreme™ is the only fully 1,000 Hz MS and MS/MS enabled MALDI-TOF/TOF system, and incorporates proprietary new smartbeam™-II laser technology and a 4 GHz digitizer. Its proteomics performance is unmatched with broad-band mass resolving power up to 40,000 and 1 ppm mass accuracy. A rapidly self-cleaning ion source, industry-leading imaging software and laser focus diameters down to 10 µm make it ideal for MALDI imaging. Its unprecedented flexibility allows LC-MALDI TOF/TOF proteomics, quantitative label-free proteomics, MALDI imaging, top-down proteomics, Edmass™ protein sequencing, intact protein analysis, polymer research and oligonucleotide analysis. For further information: www.bdal.com/ultrafleXtreme
* amaZon™ is the fastest ion trap mass spectrometer in the world today with 52,000 u/second scan rate at 0.58 u mass resolution, and rapid zero-delay polarity switching 20 Hz MS acquisition when coupled to UHPLC fast chromatography systems. Due to its novel proprietary dual ion funnel technology it offers an order of magnitude jump in sensitivity. Second-Generation ETD and PTR options for proteomics offer unmatched ETD sensitivity due to its elegant, uncomplicated design. Ultimate ion trap mass resolving power up to 20,000 in full scan mode across the 50-3000 m/z range that is fast enough to be useable at LC speeds, make real-world LC top-down ETD experiments a reality. Its outstanding full-scan MS speed and MS/MS sensitivity allow it to obsolete many triple-quadrupole MRM methods for rapid quantitation of large target analyte lists in applied markets from toxicology, food safety, doping and forensics. For further information: www.bdal.com/amaZon
* solariX™ offers a 10-fold improvement in FTMS sensitivity, an 8-fold gain in broadband ultra-high resolution of >1,000,000 at 7 Tesla, and sub-ppm mass accuracy over a wide dynamic range. A complete engineering redesign makes this instrument extremely robust, consistent and easy to use. It is ideal for the analysis of very complex mixtures in top-down proteomics (including ETD and ECD now), petroleomics, metabolomics, and small-molecule drug and metabolite MALDI imaging. For further information: www.bdal.com/solariX
In addition to its new product launches, at ASMS 2009 Bruker Daltonics is also further advancing various applied proteomics solutions, leveraging its leadership in MALDI mass spectrometry:
* The revolutionary, top-down Edmass™ protein sequencing solution offers a much faster, more powerful and convenient next-generation protein sequencing solution for all biologists and life-science researchers.
* Bruker's well established MALDI Biotyper solution for microbial identification in clinical microbiology has recently obtained an IVD-CE mark with a Declaration of Conformity in accordance with the European Union In Vitro Diagnostic Directive 98/79/EC. The MALDI Biotyper offers faster time to result, lower consumables costs, and higher specificity. It has the potential to become the new 'gold standard' in clinical microorganism identification (for research use only outside the European Union).
* Carl Zeiss' MIRAX Virtual Slide Scanner and Bruker's MALDI Molecular Imager™ now enable non-targeted molecular histology with high spatial resolution in an integrated solution (research use only) for biological tissue research and clinical pathology research.
The new Bruker mass spectrometry products and applications will be presented throughout the ASMS conference at a number of venues and events: three ASMS lunch-time technical workshops are planned for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Room Franklin 7. Starting promptly at 12 noon, the one hour workshops will be open to the scientific press. Scientists and journalists can register at www.bdal.com/asms2009 .
Bruker Daltonics staff will be available for in-depth meetings during exhibit hours at Bruker's booth (no. 68), and Monday through Wednesday evening from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Bruker Hospitality Suite at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Room Franklin 7. At 7:00 p.m. each evening, there will be special receptions and "launch parties" in the Hospitality Suite for the market introduction of the new solariX, amaZon and ultrafleXtreme systems.
Bruker will also host a press conference starting at 11:00 a.m. in the Philadelphia Convention Center Room 108A. Journalists and editors of scientific and trade journals are invited to attend this special press conference to learn more about Bruker Daltonics' new Mass Spectrometry products.
ABOUT BRUKER DALTONICS: For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
Darwin Asa, Ph.D., +1 978 663-3660, ext. 1149
Life-Science Marketing Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]