Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (8/30/09). "Press Release: Bruker Announces the Availability of the World’s First 18 Tesla FTMS Magnet at IMSC 2009". Bremen.
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Bruker BioSpin GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||18 tesla (18T) magnet for FTMS (Bruker 8/09)|
|Product 2||Fourier transform mass spectrometry technology (FTMS)|
|Person||Roth, Gerhard (Bruker 200903 Managing Director of Bruker BioSpin)|
|Person 2||Speir, Paul (Bruker 200905 VP FTMS Bruker Daltonics)|
At the 18th International Mass Spectrometry Conference, Bruker Daltonics today announced the availability of the world's first 18 tesla (T) magnet for FTMS. This unique, actively-shielded, refrigerated 18T magnet system with excellent homogeneity and field stability, represents the world's highest field FTMS magnet, providing unique and novel scientific capabilities that can be applied to some of today's most important, complex, and challenging protein, polymer, and small molecule analyses. The unmatched performance of FTMS at 18 tesla will significantly impact a variety of research areas including protein identification, petroleomics, metabolomics, small molecule tissue molecular imaging, and environmental sample analysis.
The new magnet system provides dramatic increases in FTMS resolution, speed, and dynamic range. Additionally, the routine observation and measurement of isotopic fine structure of molecules of interest will be facilitated and extended to larger molecules to provide another dimension of specificity for the determination of exact molecular formulae. Bruker has a long history of magnet development with many 'firsts' in high field technology. The latest of these achievements has been the June 2009 introduction of the world's first 1 GHz NMR system (23.5 tesla).
"The development of the 18T magnet for FTMS represents the next leap forward for high end FTMS," said Dr. Gerhard Roth, Managing Director of Bruker BioSpin GmbH in Karlsruhe, Germany. He continued: "The design of this new horizontal bore 18T FTMS magnet is based on Bruker's extensive design and production experience for ultra high field vertical and horizontal bore magnets for NMR, MRI, EPR and FTMS, combining the most advanced features and many of our key proprietary technologies."
Bruker Daltonics is now accepting orders for its new 18T FTMS magnet with delivery 12 months after order.
ABOUT BRUKER DALTONICS
For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ:BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
Dr. Paul Speir, +1 978-663-3660 ext. 1181
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]