Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/24/10). "Press Release: New autoflex speed System Offers High-throughput Option for MALDI Biotyper Microbial Identification". San Diego, CA.
|Region||San Diego, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||KIESTRA Lab Automation B.V.|
|Group||Becton, Dickinson (Group)|
|Product||MALDI Biotyper system|
|Product 2||autoflex™ speed MALDI-TOF(/TOF) with 1kHz Smartbeam™-II laser|
|Index term 2||Bruker Corp–KIESTRA Lab Automation: MalditofA colony picker, 201004– collab expansion RnD + co-marketing + cross selling with MALDI Biotyper|
|Person||Pusch, Wolfgang (Bruker Daltonics 200905 VP Clinical Research + IVD Business)|
|Person 2||Botma, Jetze (KIESTRA Lab Automation 201004 CEO)|
At the 110th General Meeting of the American Society for Microbiology, Bruker announces the autoflex(TM) speed MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer as a high-throughput option for microbial identification by molecular fingerprinting using Bruker's MALDI Biotyper platform.
Most MALDI Biotyper customers will continue to utilize Bruker's economical and easy-to-use benchtop microflex(TM) MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer. However, for selected high-throughput microbiology laboratories the autoflex speed may be an attractive option due to its even higher throughput, reduced maintenance requirements and further extended uptime. Especially if interfacing to sample preparation robotics for highest laboratory throughput, or even 24/7 walk-away automation is planned for the future, then the autoflex speed is recommended.
Further technical advancements of the autoflex speed for the MALDI Biotyper workflow are:
* 1 kilohertz proprietary Bruker smartbeam(TM) solid-state laser and system electronics for a unmatched speed and throughput for high-volume microbiology laboratories,
* Proprietary Bruker smartbeam(TM) laser lifetime specified with >109 laser shots,
* MALDI Perpetual(TM) Ion Source with IR-laser based self-cleaning in only 15 minutes and without additional down-time, as source cleaning can be performed under vacuum,
* Automated source cleaning for extended maintenance intervals and enhanced instrument uptime,
* Transponder-aided MALDI target tracking;
Dr. Wolfgang Pusch, Vice President for Clinical Research & IVD at Bruker Daltonics, stated: "The autoflex speed represents an important new high-throughput option for MALDI Biotyper bacterial identification in large microbiology laboratories. The smartbeam laser with greater than 109 laser shots is virtually a 'life time laser' for the instrument, considering the microbial identification throughput even in large laboratories."
Mr. Jetze Botma, Chief Executive Officer and Owner of KIESTRA Lab Automation, further commented: "Most of KIESTRA's current customers request an integration of a MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer in our Total Lab Automation or Workcell Automation projects. With more than 20 years of experience in MALDI-TOF technology Bruker has the competence to fulfill even the highest demands in that respect. In addition to Bruker's microflex we will in the future also use the autoflex speed, when cutting edge technology is requested in high throughput microbiology laboratories."
About the Bruker MALDI Biotyper
Bruker's dedicated MALDI Biotyper solution enables identification, taxonomical classification or dereplication of microorganisms like bacteria, yeasts and fungi. Classification and identification of microorganisms is achieved reliably and fast using high-throughput MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Applications include clinical routine microbial identification (in EU only - for research use only elsewhere), environmental and pharmaceutical analysis, taxonomical research, food and consumer product processing and quality control, as well as in marine microbiology. Bruker's robust MALDI Biotyper method requires minimal sample preparation efforts and offers low cost per sample.
For More Information:
For more information on MALDI Biotyper, please visit www.bdal.com/maldibiotyper
For information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bruker.com
MALDI Biotyper Marketing,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]