Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (8/18/08). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Announces Agreement to Acquire Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) Company S.I.S. Surface Imaging Systems GmbH". Karlsruhe & Herzogenrath.
|Organisation||S.I.S. Surface Imaging Systems GmbH|
|Today||Bruker Nano GmbH (OLD, Herzogenrath)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)|
|Product 2||microscope, optical|
|Index term||S.I.S. Surface Imaging Systems–Bruker Corp: investment, 200808 acquisition €na by Bruker AXS to be renamed Bruker Nano GmbH|
|Person||Burgaezy, Frank (Bruker 201201 President of Bruker AXS division)|
Bruker AXS GmbH today announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire all of the equity of S.I.S. Surface Imaging Systems GmbH, a company with annual revenues of approximately $3 million. The transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2008, and no further financial details were provided.
S.I.S. Surface Imaging Systems GmbH is located in Herzogenrath, near Aachen, Germany. S.I.S. develops, manufactures and distributes advanced atomic force/scanning probe microscopy systems (AFM/SPM) for numerous applications in materials research, including semiconductors, data storage, electronic materials, solar cells, polymers and catalysts. AFM/SPM is a well-established method for ultra-high spatial resolution surface imaging and the characterization of surfaces down to atomic dimensions. The global SPM market had an estimated total market size of $200-300 million in 2007.
S.I.S. offers a product range from bench-top high-performance AFM-only microscopes to integrated high-end AFM/optical microscopy (OM) combinations, all the way to large floor-standing AFM/OM combination instruments for the characterization of 300mm wafers in a clean room environment. The S.I.S. core technology includes extremely compact AFM/SPM subunits which can be integrated easily with other analytical instruments such as optical microscopes, Raman microscopes or micro-hardness testers.
S.I.S. Surface Imaging Systems GmbH was founded in 1993 by Dr. Frank Saurenbach and Dr. Hans-Achim Fuss, two physicists with extensive experience in AFM/SPM technology. After the acquisition, S.I.S. will remain in Herzogenrath and will be renamed to "Bruker Nano GmbH". Drs. Saurenbach and Fuss will continue to lead the business as Managing Directors. While successful S.I.S. distributors will be retained, Bruker AXS will contribute its global materials research marketing, technical sales, demonstration, training and service capabilities, as well as R&D and operating management assistance, to accelerate the revenue and margin growth of the future Bruker Nano GmbH.
Dr. Saurenbach, Managing Director of S.I.S., stated: "We are very excited about this acquisition because we see a strong potential for revenue growth using Bruker AXS' global distribution capabilities. Being part of the international Bruker AXS organization will enable us to grow our customer base around the globe and offer our existing customers enhanced applications support and service capabilities for our innovative, high quality AFM products."
Dr. Fuss, Managing Director of S.I.S., added: "We are looking forward to strengthening our R&D activities for the AFM/SPM products under the new ownership of Bruker AXS."
Dr. Frank Burgaezy, Executive Vice President of Bruker AXS Inc., commented: "Many of the AFM/SPM market segments and applications overlap with those of our X-ray diffraction (XRD) business, making the S.I.S. products an excellent addition for our established worldwide XRD sales force. This clear marketing and distribution synergy is expected to be a major driver for the growth of our new Bruker AFM/SPM product line."
ABOUT BRUKER AXS: For more information about Bruker AXS and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bruker-axs.com or www.bruker.com.
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on current expectations, but are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties. The factors that could cause actual future results to differ materially from current expectations include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties relating to the integration of businesses we have acquired or may acquire in the future, changing technologies, product development and market acceptance of our products, the cost and pricing of our products, manufacturing, competition, dependence on collaborative partners and key suppliers, capital spending and government funding policies, changes in governmental regulations, intellectual property rights, litigation, and exposure to foreign currency fluctuations. These and other factors are identified and described in more detail in our filings with the SEC, including, without limitation, our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2007, our most recent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and our current reports on Form 8-K. We disclaim any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements other than as required by law.
Michael Willett, +1-978-663-3660, ext. 1411
Investor Relations and Public Relations Officer
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]