Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis.
|Organisation||Bruker Nano Surfaces (Divison of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Cetim Carnot Institute|
|Group||Carnot Institutes (Group)|
|Product||Contour CMM™ dimensional analysis system|
|Product 2||analytical services|
Bruker’s Nano Surfaces Division and Cetim today announced that Bruker has delivered its Contour CMM™ Dimensional Analysis System to the Cetim Carnot Institute in France. In a collaborative agreement, Cetim will validate the system’s measurement accuracy and performance across a wide variety of applications at their Picard facility over the next year. In addition, Cetim will offer European manufacturers precision measurement services with the Contour CMM. The new instrument enables the ability to perform simultaneous nanoscale surface height, roughness, texture, and 3D form measurements for geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T). The delivery of this innovative platform opens the door to high-precision 3D scanning for aeronautics, automobile, medical, and precision machining sectors.
“The Contour CMM provides multiple unique capabilities within a single instrument, and like our institute, serves as a crossroads between research and industry,” said Gilles Jalabert, Head of Cetim's metrology laboratory. “With this equipment, Cetim now offers our customers a complete 3D metrology capability, from measurement drones for very large or inaccessible items to high-precision scans of small items for 3D surface and form measurements."
“We chose Cetim because they are uniquely positioned to thoroughly explore the capabilities of the Contour CMM system, and they have the know-how to actively participate in suggesting improvements to the system. In addition, their strong reputation will help introduce Contour CMM’s unique capabilities to a variety of precision manufacturing companies in Europe,” added James Earle, Vice President and General Manager of Bruker’s Tribology, Stylus and Optical Metrology Business. “With this partnership, we expect the Contour CMM system will demonstrate its capabilities in many ground-breaking applications.”
About Contour CMM
Contour CMM utilizes the high-density, nanoscale-resolution of white light interferometry (WLI) based on Bruker’s industry-leading Wyko® optical profiling technology. With its combination of WLI and coordinate measurement techniques, the measurement capabilities of Contour CMM transcend the boundaries of surface characterization and coordinate measurement, enabling a metrology continuum from surface roughness and texture through waviness into true 3D coordinate measurements. The system provides extremely high vertical (2-nanometer) and lateral (0.9-micron) resolution and, combined with high accuracy stages, enables utilization of this surface data as building blocks for a true part coordinate system. Its Vision Dimensions™ software offers proprietary features specifically designed for small-part characterization, including automation for part programs, hundreds of preset analyses, and customized inspection reports. For advanced R&D, such as the measurement of material wear on medical implants or bearing races, the Contour CMM system provides, in a single instrument, the ability to characterize the smallest of wear scars with submicron accuracy while enabling engineers to positionally identify where the scars are on the parts.
As the leading French player in the fields of mechanical engineering innovation and R&D, Cetim has built up a wide network of partners. Its engineers and technicians operate in more than 30 countries each year. R&D function is carried out either within specific sectors or cutting across sector boundaries, and within either a national or an international context. It embraces a range of complementary aspects, including prospective studies in conjunction with international scientific communities, R&D concerning all areas of mechanical engineering, industry-specific studies and projects, and the large-scale federative technological projects. Cetim provides a comprehensive array of services to the mechanical engineering industry from consulting to testing and from engineering to training in new skills. Cetim is a member of the Carnot Institutes Network. Visit www.cetim.fr/en.
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance, scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics.
Bruker Nano Surfaces
T: +1 (520) 295-4373
T: +33 (0)3 44 67 3265
Record changed: 2016-12-08
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/29/17). "Press Release: Signaling Continued Investment in China, Bruker Open Beijing Center of Excellence". Beijing....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Novel NMR Solutions at ENC 2017". Asilomar, CA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces the AVANCE NEO NMR Research Platform at ENC 2017". Asilomar, CA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/14/17). "Press Release: Data-safe Process & Quality Control of APIs and Inorganic Impurities with Bruker´s EDXRF Spectrometer S2 PUMA"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]