Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/4/08). "Press Release: Bruker Detection Division Enters the Homeland Security and Airport Explosives Detection Market". Billerica, MA.
|Region||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Detection Corporation|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product 2||ion mobility spectrometry technology (IMS)|
|Person||Laukien, Frank H. (Bruker 201204 President + CEO)|
Bruker Corporation announced today that it has launched a newly developed bench-top explosives and drug detection system based on Bruker's proprietary, performance-leading ion mobility spectrometry (IMS) technology. Incorporating extensive user input, Bruker has combined its core expertise in IMS technology with advanced sample preparation and sample introduction methods to develop a new Drugs and Explosives detection instrument, called DE-tector(TM). The new, high-performance DE-tector instrument is specifically designed for airport and homeland security markets, and offers improved sensitivity and false-positive rejection capabilities.
The DE-tector product introduction is accompanied by the renaming of the previous 'Bruker Daltonics NBC Detection' division to 'Bruker Detection' division, to reflect the new broader focus and much larger accessible market of this business. Bruker Detection is responsible for developing, manufacturing and marketing specialized chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosives (CBRNE) detection systems for defense, as well as for safety and security applications. The business is headed by Mr. Sebastian Meyer-Plath, who has been promoted to Executive Vice President and General Manager of Bruker Detection.
Frank Laukien, President and CEO of Bruker Corporation, commented: "With all the detection technologies available within Bruker, entering the explosives and drug detection market is the next logical step in developing the Bruker Detection division's product and applications portfolio. We are excited about Bruker Detection's good revenue growth and margin performance, and we intend to further expand this business."
ABOUT BRUKER DETECTION
For more information about Bruker Detection and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
+1 978-663-3660, ext. 1115
Director of Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]