Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/14/13). "Press Release: Bruker and SCiLS GmbH Announce an Exclusive Partnership for SCiLS Lab Software for MALDI Imaging". Bremen.
SCiLS Lab is the software developed by SCiLS GmbH which allows the user-friendly statistical analysis of large MALDI imaging datasets
MALDI (Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization) imaging is a mass spectrometric imaging technique that allows the untargeted measurement of proteins, peptides, lipids, drugs and metabolites directly from tissue. MALDI imaging has been successfully applied in various research fields. A particular area of application is the histopathology research concerned with the definition of molecular phenotypes in cancer, like expression patterns that are associated with progression of cancer, or the discovery of novel proteins associated with metastasis.
Technological improvements in recent years have increased the acquisition speed and spatial resolution of MALDI imaging datasets, generating demand for software that can handle the massive amount of data and helps in the generation of biological knowledge.
SCiLS Lab is the software developed by SCiLS GmbH which allows the user-friendly statistical analysis of large MALDI imaging datasets. It features new concepts such as an edge-preserving spatial de-noising and spatial segmentation of datasets with virtually un-limited size. It also allows the comprehensive analysis of studies with many patients, including unsupervised clustering and supervised classification.
"Comprehensive statistical analysis of large MALDI imaging datasets is one of the major demands of our customers", said Dr. Shannon Cornett, Applications Development Manager and expert for MALDI imaging at Bruker. "The SCiLS team has channeled their mathematical and statistical expertise into a software product that surpasses anything that is currently available on the market. It integrates perfectly with our own flexImaging™ software and will be an integral part of our complete MALDI imaging solution. Unquestionably, SCiLS Lab will set new standards for analyzing MALDI imaging data, and I am confident that our customers will see tremendous benefit from this exclusive collaboration as it improves their imaging workflow."
Dr. Dennis Trede, Managing Director at SCiLS GmbH, added: "We are happy to collaborate with the market and technology leader in the field of MALDI imaging and to benefit from Bruker's distribution channels. We believe our software can push MALDI imaging forward by enabling the analysis of large data sets with unprecedented ease of use for everyone."
Dr. Ferdinand von Eggeling, Professor at the University Hospital in Jena, Germany and user of Bruker's MALDI imaging equipment explains: "We use MALDI imaging for the molecular analysis of head and neck cancers. My lab has been beta-testing the SCiLS Lab software, and the SCiLS team has been very knowledgeable and responsive to our suggestions. This software will enable the analysis of complex tumor tissues and make results more descriptive and accessible. "
SCiLS GmbH is an R&D company located in Bremen, Germany. SCiLS develops and markets the SCiLS Lab software for analysis and interpretation of MALDI imaging mass spectrometry data. SCiLS GmbH closely cooperates with the Steinbeis Innovation Center "SCiLS Research", and SCiLS is carrying out research projects on the European level contributing with R&D innovations and serving as a core platform for 2D and 3D MALDI-imaging data. For more information, please visit www.scils.de.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as industrial, diagnostics and applied analysis. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
For Further Information:
Dr. Sören-Oliver Deininger
Bruker Daltonik GmbH, Bremen, Germany
Director of Global Marketing Communications Services
Record changed: 2016-05-31
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]