Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/25/16). "Press Release: Bruker and 3M Expand Exclusive License for Processing of FFPE Tissue Sections to Routine Pathology". Cologne.
At the 28th Congress of the European Society of Pathology, Bruker today announces that it has expanded its license agreement with 3M for processing of FFPE tissue sections.
Mass spectrometric imaging by MALDI-TOF (MALDI Imaging) is a technology with great potential for many applications in medicine. It is the leading mass spectrometric method for the analysis of tissues, such as Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) tissues. Bruker´s MALDI Tissuetyper™ solution makes this technology broadly applicable due to the unprecedented 10 kHz laser speed, robustness and ease of use of the underlying rapifleX™ MALDI-TOF mass spectrometer. The MALDI Tissuetyper enables anatomical pathology research based on multiplexed proteomic profiles and the spatial distribution of proteomic biomarkers on FFPE tissue sections.
The MALDI Tissuetyper is used for the direct, label-free analysis of a wide range of analytes directly from tissue sections. It provides complementary information to currently used routine histology methods. Bruker and 3M have agreed to extend Bruker´s global license for 3M´s patent from research to routine use. This is an important step towards developing future product offerings for anatomical pathology laboratories, including clinically validated content libraries for specific clinical indications. The license rights now cover the acquisition of MALDI spectra from FFPE sections for research and routine applications.
Prof. Dr. Dr. Jörg Kriegsmann, Medical Director of the Medical Service Center for Histology, Cytology and Molecular Diagnostics in Trier, Germany, commented: "In my laboratory we have been working with the MALDI Tissuetyper workflow for some time. Most of the samples in a routine pathology laboratory are FFPE tissues. This is why it is so important to cover the FFPE workflow in addition to the analysis of freshly frozen samples. We see that the MALDI Tissuetyper can complement classical pathology analysis methods, such as hematoxylin-eosin staining and immunohistochemistry. As a first routine application we will start using the MALDI Tissuetyper in our laboratory to analyze degenerative changes of meniscus tissue."
Dr. Wolfgang Pusch, Executive Vice President for Clinical MALDI at Bruker Daltonics, added: "Bruker is the only company offering suitable technology and workflow solutions for the MALDI-TOF investigation of FFPE sections. To add even further value to the MALDI Tissuetyper approach, Bruker is currently establishing collaborations with leading pathologists to develop assays and validated library content for specific clinical indications in anatomical pathology."
About the Bruker MALDI Tissuetyper
The MALDI Tissuetyper solution, an emerging technology, enables the use of MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry as a powerful mass spectrometry imaging (MSI) tool, which is complementary to traditional imaging technologies in histology. The MALDI Tissuetyper allows pathologists a fast identification of proteins in tissue samples. In contrast to traditional histological tissue analysis, the MALDI Tissuetyper requires neither a molecular probe nor an antibody. The MALDI Tissuetyper offers multiplex analysis of multiple potential biomarkers simultaneously in an untargeted approach. Identification of protein expression profiles will lead to the discovery of clinically useful tumor biomarkers which can be incorporated into future diagnostic and treatment strategies. The MALDI Tissuetyper provides complementary information to immunohistochemistry (IHC) and in many cases can differentiate cell populations that cannot easily be differentiated by IHC. In addition, it may save valuable biopsy material, in cases where only limited tissue sample is available. The MALDI Tissuetyper can be used for biomarker discovery studies, and for multi-marker tissue-typing and classification. The MALDI Tissuetyper is currently available for research use only.
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our pathology partners and mass spectrometry partners, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
Director, Investor Relations
T: +1 978 663 3660 x1115
Dr. Winfried Busch
Bruker Daltonics Division, Clinical MALDI Business
HE Stain of Lung Carcinoma (left) and MALDI Molecular Image of the Lung Carcinoma (right). Source: Rita Casadonte, Proteopath GmbH, Trier, Germany
Dr. Phil. J. Kriegsmann
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160920/409809
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160920/409810
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160920/409811
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bruker-and-3m-expand-exclusive-license-for-processing-of-ffpe-tissue-sections-to-routine-pathology-300332517.html
SOURCE Bruker Corporation
Record changed: 2016-11-01
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]