Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/23/10). "Press Release: Bruker Features New High Performance Mass Spectrometry Systems and Applications for the Detailed Analysis of Biotherapeutics at ASMS". Salt Lake City, UT.
|Region||Salt Lake City, UT|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||autoflex™ speed MALDI-TOF(/TOF) with 1kHz Smartbeam™-II laser|
|Person||Seymour, Clive (Bruker Daltonics 200812 Executive VP before probably Biacore)|
|Person 2||Asa, Darwin (HighRes Biosolutions 201511– Marketing Manager before Waters + Bruker Corp + ESA + Tecan)|
A range of Bruker MALDI-TOF and LCMS based systems are designed for the comprehensive analysis of Biotherapeutics. These powerful systems provide researchers with unique capabilities that deliver unprecedented levels of information for the development of a Biotherapeutic.
At the 58th ASMS conference, Bruker unveils a series of new products and application solutions targeted to improve the capabilities of researchers to develop biotherapeutics. As many biotherapeutics currently under development are protein or peptide based, Bruker has applied its extensive expertise in protein analysis to develop solutions for many common tasks in analyzing a protein or peptide based biotherapeutic including:
* Analysis of Truncations and Splice Variants
* Identification of Point Mutations
* Identification of Fusion Proteins
* Protein Glycoform Analysis
* Glycan Structure Identification
* PEGylation Analysis
At ASMS, Bruker will feature systems and applications built on the class leading Flex(TM) series of MALDI mass spectrometers for direct N- and C-terminal protein sequence analysis utilizing Bruker's innovative top-down Edmass(TM) protein sequencing technology. This technique is often able to read dozens of amino acids from the important terminal residues of a protein, regardless of any protein modifications, and is superior in many aspects to traditional Edman sequencing. This application area is further enhanced by the launch of the new faster, highly efficient autoflex speed(TM) at ASMS designed to increase the productivity and capabilities of development operations.
In addition to the proven micrO-TOF(TM) and micrO-TOF-QII(TM)benchtop LCMS ESI-TOF systems, Bruker has applied its maXis(TM) UHR-TOF and amaZon ETD(TM) ion trap systems for the analysis of intact proteins and post translational modifications (PTMs). Several key technical presentations will highlight the powerful and unique capabilities of these systems to provide important information for the analysis of potential biotherapeutics. Utilization of the superior resolution (at least 40,000) and mass accuracy (<1 ppm) of the maXis allows for quick, detailed direct analysis of intact proteins of masses up to, and including, monoclonal antibodies. As a further enhancement to its capabilities, the maXis is the only high resolution, high performance MS system fully capable of integration with UHPLC without any comprise in performance. The amaZon ETD can use gentle Electron Transfer Dissociation (ETD) fragmentation methods to quickly and accurately identify and analyze PTMs from biotherapeutics. The amaZon ETD possesses superior sensitivity and speed and can give detailed information about the site of protein modification, and utilize MSn to generate detailed structural information about complex glycans. At ASMS, Bruker will also introduce a revolutionary large protein ETD capability for the maXis platform.
Dr. Clive Seymour, Executive Vice President at Bruker Daltonics, commented: "The combination of new products and extensive application of our mass spectrometry technologies to the analysis of biotherapeutics couldn't have come at a better time. With the current emphasis in many pharmaceutical and biotech companies on the development of biotherapeutics, the need for better, more efficient tools to analyze these complicated molecules has become acute. We've utilized our extensive expertise in protein analytics to create some of the best, most innovative solutions for driving the development of a biotherapeutic in both discovery and development laboratories."
Many of the products for analyzing biotherapeutics will be highlighted by researchers from various pharmaceutical companies at Bruker's Users Meeting on Sunday, May 23rd, 2010 before the 58th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry in Salt Lake City, Utah (USA). For more information on Bruker's User Meeting and other ASMS activities, please visit www.bdal.com/asms2010.
For More Information:
For more information on solutions for analyzing biotherapeutics, please visit www.bdal.com
For information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bruker.com
Darwin Asa, Ph.D.,
+1 (978) 663-3660, ext. 1149
Life-Science Marketing Manager,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]