Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/27/11). "Press Release: Bruker and Francisco Soria Melguizo S.A. Expand Their Exclusive Agreement for Distribution of the MALDI Biotyper to Cover Spain and Portugal". Geneva.
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonik GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Francisco Soria Melguizo S.A.|
|Product||MALDI Biotyper system|
|Product 2||clinical diagnostics|
|Index term||Francisco Soria Melguizo–Bruker Corp: MALDI Biotyper, 200905– coop exclusive distribution agreement for Bruker Daltonic’s MALDI Bioyper in Spain|
|Person||Rumin, Rafael (Francisco Soria Melguizo 200905 General Manager)|
|Person 2||Pusch, Wolfgang (Bruker Daltonics 200905 VP Clinical Research + IVD Business)|
At the 4th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS 2011), Bruker announces the amendment of its exclusive distribution agreement for clinical microbiology for Bruker's MALDI Biotyper with Francisco Soria Melguizo S.A. to cover now also Portugal, as another territory in addition to Spain. Francisco Soria Melguizo is one of the market leaders for clinical microbiology in Spain, providing products for microbial identification and antibiotics susceptibility testing. Bruker is the global leader in MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry based identification of microorganisms.
Since the beginning of the collaboration in May 2009, Francisco Soria Melguizo has placed approximately 20 MALDI Biotyper systems in microbiology laboratories of key opinion leaders in Spain, and recently the first system in Portugal. The MALDI Biotyper system has essentially become the new de facto standard for microbial identification in Spain, just as in many in other European countries.
Rafael Rumin, General Manager at Francisco Soria Melguizo, commented: "The Spanish clinical microbiologists found that the MALDI Biotyper system could be easily integrated into their existing workflows and that it has significantly improved the turnaround time for microbial identification. Additionally, they like the open architecture of the MALDI Biotyper, which allows easy integration with already existing technologies in the laboratory. The MALDI Biotyper is for sure one of the biggest innovations in clinical microbiology, and we are very excited to be part of its success in Spain and in Portugal. The MALDI Biotyper truly enables next- generation microbial identification for the 21st century."
Dr. Wolfgang Pusch, Bruker Daltonics Vice President for the Clinical Research and IVD Business, added: "We are very pleased with the rapid adoption of the MALDI Biotyper in the Spanish microbiology market. Francisco Soria Melguizo has done an outstanding job in Spain and therefore we have expanded our exclusive MALDI Biotyper distribution agreement to cover Portugal as well, in addition to Spain."
About the Bruker MALDI Biotyper
Bruker's proprietary MALDI Biotyper solution enables molecular identification, taxonomical classification or dereplication of microorganisms like bacteria, yeasts and fungi. Classification and identification of microorganisms is achieved reliably and quickly using proteomic fingerprinting by high-throughput
MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry. Applications include clinical routine microbial identification, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis, taxonomical research, food and consumer product processing and quality control, as well as marine microbiology. Bruker's robust MALDI Biotyper method requires minimal sample preparation efforts and offers low consumables cost per sample. The MALDI Biotyper is available in a research-use-only version, as well as in an IVD-CE version according to EU directive EC/98/79 in certain European countries. For more information, please visit http://www.maldibiotyper.com.
For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit http://www.bdal.com and http://www.bruker.com.
ABOUT FRANCISCO SORIA MELGUIZO, S.A.
Francisco Soria Melguizo is a company present in the Spanish market for 50 years with focus in the preanalytical, diagnostic, veterinary, research and industry areas. Francisco Soria Melguizo's main business activities are product and instruments manufacturer, consulting, software development and long-term distribution agreements with global leader companies. For more information, please visit: http://www.f-soria.es
Alberto Sanchez, +34-629-580-490
Sales Manager Mass Spectrometry
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]