Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (11/1/12). "Press Release: Bruker and Horiba Scientific Announce Collaboration on Integrated Workflow for Surface Plasmon Resonance Imaging (SPRi) with Molecular Weight by MALDI-TOF-MS". Amsterdam.
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonik GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Horiba Ltd. (JP)|
|Product||SPRi-MALDI platform (Horiba/Bruker)|
|Product 2||autoflex™ speed MALDI-TOF(/TOF) with 1kHz Smartbeam™-II laser|
|Index term||Bruker Corp–Horiba: SPRi-MALDI platform, 201211– product integration + co-marketing of integrated SPRi-MALDI-MS system|
|Person||Suckau, Detlev (Bruker Corp 200803 Bruker Daltonics Head Proteomics RnD)|
|Person 2||Lander, Victoria V. (Vicky) (Bruker 201207–201408 Global Director of Marketing Communciations)|
At the Label-Free Technology Conference 2012, Bruker and Horiba Scientific announce the launch of an integrated SPRi-MALDI platform
At the Label-Free Technology Conference 2012, Bruker and Horiba Scientific announce the launch of an integrated SPRi-MALDI platform that links real time interaction analysis by Surface Plasmon Resonance imaging, using Horiba Scientific SPRi-Plex II™ or SPRi-Lab+ systems™ with mass spectrometric binding partner characterization using Bruker's MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometers. Together, the companies market SPRi-MALDI-MS as a hyphenated technology that enables the multiplexed quantification of binding, and the molecular characterization of the interaction partners by MS analysis.
The integrated system consists of Horiba's SPRi-Spotter, the SPRi-Plex unit, the SPRi-MALDI adapter target and Bruker's ImagePrep™ matrix deposition device and the MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometers ultrafleXtreme™ or autoflex speed™. Bruker's FlexImaging software allows direct read out of the mass spectrometric array data and ProteinScape™ is the proteomics bioinformatics package that allows handling all identification and PTM modification data. In addition, the GlycoQuest™ search engine even allows identifying N- and O-linked glycan structures by database searches directly from tryptic peptides.
Surface Plasmon Resonance imaging (SPRi) is an excellent solution for many rapid, label-free and multiplexed bio-assays and investigations. The access to multiplex format allows the direct visualization of interactions. This is the result of a unique optical configuration allowing the spotting of hundreds of biomolecules on the same biochip. This configuration has advantages, for instance, in ligand-fishing of captured bio-molecules on multiple immobilized receptors on a SPRi-Biochip surface.
The SPRi technology is suitable for the determination of real-time and simultaneous physico-chemical interactions between circulating targets and probes immobilized on the SPRi-Biochip™, kinetic parameters and the affinity of interactions. Thanks to the sensitivity of the SPRi-Plex II™ and the SPRi-Lab+™, analytes can be detected in the femtomole range . The open format and flexibility of the SPRi systems combined with a unique dedicated biochip (SPRi-Slide™) allow the easy coupling of SPRi technology to other analytical techniques such as mass spectrometry and the characterization of unknown molecules directly on the SPRi-Slide without the need to recover the sample.
Automated in situ trypsin digestion protocols as used in bottom-up MALDI imaging studies allows direct identification of binding partners by peptide mass fingerprinting. The top of the line MS/MS capabilities of the next-generation ultrafleXtreme MALDI-TOF/TOF system provides for even further in-depth analytical capabilities that allow determination of crucial information such as the PTM status of the interaction partners. The ultrafleXtreme incorporates Bruker's patented smartbeam™ laser with up to 2 kHz repetition rate and true-pixel image resolution at 20 µm for proteins - compatible with very high array densities.
"The unique combination of quantitative interaction analysis in the array format, in real time, with subsequent mass spectrometry analysis, allows us to identify the interaction partners and determine information such as their PTM status directly. It is providing an exciting new technology for interactomics on one side and possibly for future high sensitivity diagnostic assays," commented Dr. Wilfrid Boireau from the Institut FEMTO-ST, Université de Franche Comté in Besançon, France.
Dr. Detlev Suckau, Head of MALDI Applications R&D at Bruker Daltonics, commented: "Bruker has a long tradition in the development of hyphenated technologies to answer scientific questions not readily addressed by a single technology, and we are excited to combine mass spectrometry with interaction analysis techniques, in order to develop a richer data output in pursuit of research goals not attained by mass spectrometry alone."
The combination of Horiba Scientific SPR imaging and Bruker MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometry technology opens a new era in bio-interaction studies.
About Horiba Ltd
HORIBA, Ltd (Tokyo Stck Exch. # 6856), manufactures and markets measuring instruments and analyzers. The Company's main product lines are scientific analyzers, environment monitoring, medical analyzers, engine emission analyzers, and semiconductor test equipment. Horiba operates worldwide. HORIBA Scientific is the new global team created to better meet customers' present and future needs by integrating the scientific market expertise and resources of HORIBA Ltd. For more information, please visit: www.horiba.com/scientific
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
Director of Global Marketing Communications Services
Marketing Communications Specialist
T: +33 (0) 169 74 7200
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]