Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/6/11). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces amaZon speed Next-generation Ion Trap Mass Spectrometers at HUPO and JAIMA". Geneva.
|Region||Genève (Geneva) GE|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonik GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||HUPO (Human Proteome Organisation)|
|Product||amaZon™ speed mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||GlycoQuest™ glycan DB search engine|
|Person||Meyer, Markus (Bruker 201109 Ion Trap MS Product Manager before Indivumed)|
|Person 2||Asa, Darwin (HighRes Biosolutions 201511– Marketing Manager before Waters + Bruker Corp + ESA + Tecan)|
The new amaZon speed series dramatically enhances ion trap performance, analytical capabilities and overall utility in proteomics and small molecule analysis
At the HUPO 10th Annual World Congress in Geneva, Switzerland (www.hupo2011.com), and at the JAIMA Conference in Tokyo, Japan (www.jaimasis.jp), Bruker this week announces the release of its new high-performance amaZon speed and amaZon speed ETD ion trap mass spectrometers (ITMS) to meet the increasing demands of the proteomics, research and applied markets. Significant further improvements to the proven amaZon platform now deliver unsurpassed ion trap performance.
As the world's fastest ion trap, the amaZon speed offers also the highest ion trap mass accuracy and mass resolution. All amaZon speed scan modes offer significantly improved resolution: the fast XtremeScan (52,000 u/sec) now features mass resolution better than 0.5u for resolving doubly charged ions. The Maximum Resolution Mode (5,200 u/sec) enables mass resolution well below 0.1u and can resolve 8+ multiply charged ions in full scans across the widest ITMS mass range (up to m/z 3,000) on the market. Other major achievements in hardware and software result in an MS/MS duty cycle of 8 Hz.
This highest raw ITMS performance enables unprecedented analytical capabilities for proteomics researchers for both Bottom-up and Top-down strategies. In combination with SMART(TM) precursor ion isolation and fragmentation, routine, unambiguous identification of ~1,300 proteins is now possible in single amaZon speed LC/MS/MS runs of, for example, 1 g E.coli lysate. Similar performance has only recently become available on more expensive mass spectrometers. An extremely wide dynamic range for proteomics supports this performance, and in well-defined standard mixtures of proteins, the amaZon speed now covers up to 5 orders of magnitude in concentration levels.
For Top-down applications and post-translational modification (PTM) analysis, the amaZon speed ETD continues the Bruker leadership in ETD/PTR technologies, delivering the most sensitive, robust and reliable setup. In combination with Bruker's novel proprietary GlycoQuestTM glycan DB search engine, the amazon speed is an ideal instrument to retrieve structures of released glycans in an easy, automated approach, thus offering a solution to one of the most demanding disciplines in proteomics research.
The enhanced performance of the amaZon speed also delivers greatly improved data quality in a wide range of small molecule applications. Quantification of therapeutic drugs is fully enabled by very sensitive and fast LC-MS/MS methods taking less than 5 minutes. Novel software for automated assignment of structures to fragment ions offers metabolite identification and structure verification by MSn. The amaZon speed is an extremely robust system and ideal for a multi-user environment, supported by Bruker's unique Compass OpenAccess software, a web-based client server system with push-button solutions for applications including quality control (QC), recombinant protein MW verification, and automatic library searches. The intuitive workflow-oriented GUI in combination with the flexibility and throughput of the amaZon speed is suitable for routine industrial, clinical, synthesis or teaching laboratories.
"The amaZon speed represents the next generation in ion trap mass spectrometry, offering combinations of speed and performance without compromise," commented Dr. Markus Meyer, Bruker's Ion Trap MS Product Manager. "Building upon our considerable expertise in ion trap technologies, we are introducing a new robust and cost-effective tool for the scientific and analytical community, designed to tackle their ever expanding and more in-depth molecular measurement challenges."
For more information on amaZon speed, please visit www.bdal.com.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information about Bruker Corporation, please visit www.bruker.com.
Darwin Asa, Ph.D., +1 978-663-3660, ext. 1149
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]