Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (12/15/14). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces BioScope Resolve High-Resolution BioAFM System. Featuring PeakForce Tapping for Quantitative Bio-Mechanical Property Mapping". San Diego, CA.
|Region||San Diego, CA|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Nano Surfaces (Divison of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Swansea University|
|Product||BioScope Resolve™ biological AFM system|
|Product 2||microscope, optical|
|Person||Rossi, David (Bruker Corp 201011 VP + General Manager Bruker AFM Unit)|
At the Sixth AFM BioMed Conference, Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) today announced the release of BioScope Resolve™, a biological atomic force microscope (bioAFM) that features the highest resolution imaging and most complete cell mechanics capabilities available for use with an inverted optical microscope (IOM). The system incorporates Bruker’s proprietary PeakForce Tapping® technology to enable researchers to achieve both the highest resolution imaging and piconewton level force measurements on biological samples. BioScope Resolve also provides real-time correlation of atomic force microscopy and optical microscopy data sets to provide unique insights into life sciences research. Ultimately, BioScope Resolve enables imaging and mechanical property mapping of the biological detail of cells, tissues, and biomolecular structures never previously observed with a bioAFM on an IOM.
“For the first time bioAFM analysis can directly correlate high-resolution molecular structures with function on the same cell,” said Dr. Lewis Francis of the College of Medicine and Center of NanoHealth at Swansea University, United Kingdom. “BioScope Resolve provides the dynamic range and resolution necessary to allow a deeper understanding of structure-function relationships at cell and tissue surfaces.”
“BioScope Resolve establishes a new benchmark for high-resolution imaging and cell mechanics characterization capabilities that are fully integrated with optical microscopy,” added David V. Rossi, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Bruker's AFM business. “It builds upon our exclusive and leading PeakForce Tapping technology to enable the highest performance bioAFM that researchers of every experience level will find very easy to use.”
“PeakForce Tapping provided my lab with the force control and resolution necessary to produce ground-breaking ligand-receptor interaction maps using functionalized probes on live cells in a very time efficient and controlled way,” commented Professor Dr. Daniel Muller of the Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering at the ETH Zürich, Switzerland, about his experience using PeakForce Tapping.
About BioScope Resolve
BioScope Resolve is an AFM developed specifically for integration with optical microscopy for biological research into cells, tissues and molecules. The new system provides the most complete range of capabilities for cell mechanics and molecular force spectroscopy. Its design enables the highest resolution imaging for all types of biological samples, from cells to biomolecules, making it the new benchmark in high-resolution bioAFM capability. In addition, BioScope Resolve has complete synchronization with the top inverted optical microscope brands, and provides single-button imaging using proprietary ScanAsyst® technology. Researchers can utilize the system’s quantitative PeakForce QNM® nanomechanics package to map the surfaces of soft biological samples. BioScope Resolve’s mechanical mapping capabilities bridge Force Volume and PeakForce QNM frequencies for the widest range available for force-distance curves on any AFM. BioScope Resolve also offers a full array of accessories to preserve the integrity of delicate samples, including carrier support with clear visual and physical access to samples, environmental control with heating and cooling capabilities, and a wide range of pre-calibrated biological probes.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular, cellular and materials research, as well as for industrial, diagnostics, clinical research and applied analysis. For more information about Bruker Corporation, please visit www.bruker.com.
Bruker Nano Surfaces Division
Stephen Hopkins, 1-520-741-1044 x1022
Joshua Young, 1-978-663-3660 x1479
Vice President, Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]