Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/6/11). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Release of Breakthrough CaptiveSpray Nano/Capillary Electrospray Ion Source for Proteomics at ASMS 2011". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Michrom Bioresources Inc.|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||CaptiveSpray™ Ionization source (CSI source)|
|Product 2||maXis™ Electrospray Ultra-High Resolution tandem TOF (UHR-Qq-TOF) mass spectrometer|
|Index term 2||Michrom–Bruker Corp: investment, 201102–201104 acquisition €na|
|Person||Nugent, Kerry (Michrom 201008 President + founder)|
At ASMS 2011, Bruker is introducing the breakthrough, proprietary CaptiveSpray electrospray ion source for nano-HPLC applications in proteomics. Using CaptiveSpray technology in many cases increases bottom-up protein identifications significantly, and CaptiveSpray is presently the best available technology for robust, reproducible protein ID or quantitative proteomics applications, with excellent, stable sensitivity over long time periods.
Unlike a traditional pulled nanospray tip, the Etch-TaperTM technology employed by CaptiveSpray ensures that the internal diameter of the spray tip remains constant, thereby reducing tip clogging, and providing excellent spray stability over the entire LC gradient and robust operation for long time periods, even with heavy proteomics samples loads. A key proprietary feature of the CaptiveSpray is its novel gas-flow focusing technology for dramatic sensitivity gains compared to normal electrospray. The CaptiveSpray source delivers nanospray sensitivity without the need for complex and time consuming spray tip adjustments, while its innovative plug-and-play design fits all current Bruker LC-MS instruments, including the latest maXis UHR-Qq-TOF systems, solariX FTMS systems and amaZon ETD ion trap mass spectrometers.
The novel CaptiveSpray source is uniquely designed to operate with LC flow rates from as low as 50 nL/min up to 5 uL/min and higher. This wide LC flow range allows analysts to significantly reduce column loading times, minimize column re-equilibration, and dramatically increase overall MS utilization time. The ability to run at higher LC flow rates, without compromising sensitivity, also increases sample loading capacity and expands the dynamic range of analysis. This combination of attributes provided by the unique CaptiveSpray source enhances the overall ability of the MS system to identify and quantify low-level peptides.
Dr. Kerry Nugent, Senior Vice President for Liquid Chromatography at Bruker's Chemical & Applied Markets Division, commented: "With the introduction of the CaptiveSprayion source, Bruker has taken another step to enhance our leadership position in proteomics. The ability of the CaptiveSpray source to deliver a robust consistent spray, regardless of gradient composition or flow rate, makes it the ideal high-sensitivity MS source for applications that require a high level of accuracy and precision, such as bottom-up proteomics, peptide ID and protein quantification."
For More Information:
For more information on CaptiveSpray and Bruker Daltonics please visit www.bdal.de/products/lc-ms/ion-sources/captivespray/overview.
For information about Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bruker.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6749159<=en
CaptiveSpray LC-MS Source (Photo: Business Wire)
Darwin Asa, Ph.D., +1 (978) 663-3660, ext. 1149
Life-Science Marketing Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]