Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/20/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Complete Commercial AFM-Based SECM Solution". Santa Barbara, CA.
PeakForce SECM Mode Enables Previously Unobtainable Electrochemical Information
Bruker’s Nano Surfaces Division today announced the release of scanning electrochemical microscopy (SECM) capability for its Dimension Icon® atomic force microscope (AFM) platform. Utilizing a proprietary probe design, Bruker’s new PeakForce SECM™ mode controls nanoelectrode tip position and tip-sample interaction with unprecedented precision to provide simultaneous capture of topographical, electrochemical, electrical, and mechanical maps. This capability provides access to previously unobtainable nanoscale observation of redox reactions and their kinetics. Now researchers are able to address vital evolution of materials for energy, environment, and biochemical sensors.
“Our customers have been consistently imaging at very high resolution with the new nanoelectrodes on the Dimension Icon AFM,” said Teddy Huang, Ph.D., Senior Applications Scientist at Bruker Nano Surfaces Division. “For the first time they are able to capture electrochemistry correlated with nanomechanical information to understand the complex relationship between size, geometry, modulus, adhesion, and activity of nanostructured materials.”
“PeakForce SECM radically redefines what is possible in the nanoscale visualization of electrical and chemical processes in liquid,” added Marco Tortonese, Ph.D., Vice President and General Manager of Bruker’s AFM Instrumentation Business. “This breakthrough is the result of the continuing evolution of PeakForce Tapping® technology combined with our in-house design and manufacture of reliable commercial probes.”
About PeakForce SECM
PeakForce SECM takes full advantage of Bruker’s exclusive PeakForce Tapping to deliver a new approach to SECM that extends its capability to nanoscale electrochemistry, electrical and mechanical mapping of a wide variety of samples, from soft biological systems to polymers. Bruker’s PeakForce SECM probes are batch-fabricated using proprietary methods to consistently produce a high-quality nanoelectrode. An optimized conductive path and special coating techniques eliminate pinholes, resulting in negligible leakage and capacitive currents. PeakForce SECM improves resolving power over traditional approaches by orders of magnitude, and opens the door to electrochemical measurements on individual nanoparticles, nanophases, and nanopores.
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance, scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics.
Marketing Communications Manager
T: +1 (408)-376-4065 x4065
Record changed: 2016-10-06
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]