Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (3/12/12). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces ionBooster Next-generation High Sensitivity Ion Source at Pittcon". Orlando, FL.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||ionBooster™ electrospray ion source (Bruker)|
|Product 2||Pittcon 2012 Orlando|
|Person||Harder, Alexander (Bruker Corp 200803 Product Manager Bruker Daltonik GmbH)|
The new ionBooster dramatically improves LOQ and LOD for various compounds on UHR-TOF systems and amaZon ion traps with MS(n) capabilities.
At Pittcon 2012, Bruker announces the release of its high sensitivity ionBooster, a new ion source to meet the increasing demands for sensitivity enhancements in environmental analysis, food testing and forensics. Sensitivity gains of 5x to 100x are achievable for many compounds, extending the quantitative capability of modern accurate-mass MS systems to the sensitivity range of high-end triple-quadrupole instruments.
The ion source enhances sensitivity and lowers detection limits by delivering more efficient ionization across a wide range of applications. Inside the ionBooster, an electrospray is maintained at a controlled vaporizing temperature to enable enhanced desolvation of the analyte ions, even at high eluent flow rates in UHPLC separations with sharp chromatographic peaks. The exact response with the ionBooster depends upon the type of compound and its specific chemical characteristics and thermal properties.
A gain in sensitivity delivered by ionBooster provides a significant enhancement in response for chloramphenicol (CAP) compared with standard ESI. Such a development is of great importance, as there is zero-tolerance for Chloramphenicol, a broad-spectrum antibiotic drug, in any food in the EU. An LOQ more than 100-fold better than the minimum required performance level (MRPL) can be achieved with ionBooster. In combination with maXis™ impact, Bruker's latest UHR-TOF system, accurate-mass data is obtained across the full mass range, enabling qualitative analysis of unknowns, analysis of multiple drugs or target compounds, and retrospective screening of data for any target formula.
The ionBooster is designed to allow quick and simple installation when switching from conventional ESI and APCI sources and is compatible with all recent Bruker ESI mass spectrometers.
--- more -
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
For more information on ionBooster system, please visit: www.bdal.com
Dr. Alexander Harder
Director of Product Management
T: +49 (0)421-2205-0
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]