Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/2/08). "Press Release: Bruker Daltonics Introduces maXis, a Revolutionary New Ultra-high Resolution TOF Mass Spectrometer at ASMS Conference. The maXis Redefines High Speed, Ultra High Resolution Mass Spectrometry". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Pfizer Research Ltd.|
|Product||maXis™ Electrospray Ultra-High Resolution tandem TOF (UHR-Qq-TOF) mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||SmartFormula™ 3D method|
|Person||Sanders, Ian (Toximet 201406– CEO before EVP Sales + Applications at Bruker Life Science)|
At ASMS 2008, Bruker Daltonics today announced the maXis(TM), a revolutionary new Electrospray Ultra-High Resolution tandem TOF (UHR-Qq-TOF) mass spectrometer. The novel maXis demonstrates Bruker's leadership in the design of cutting-edge mass spectrometers to meet future requirements in applications including small molecule identification, metabolomics, quantitative proteomics, as well as biomarker discovery and validation.
The maXis is unique in offering simultaneous no-compromise ultra-high resolution of 40,000 - 60,000 FWHM over a broad mass range, MS and MS/MS mass accuracy typically between 600 and 800 ppb, and all at speeds of up to 20 full spectra per second. With its unprecedented performance combination, the maXis offers:
-- 20 Hz full spectra acquisition at ultra-high mass resolution for high-speed liquid chromatography
-- 40,000 - 60,000 resolution in both MS and MS/MS mode over a broad mass range
-- excellent high m/z mass range
-- novel IonCooler(TM) technology delivers excellent MS/MS sensitivity over a broad m/z range
-- high dynamic range of 5 orders of magnitude for trace detection in complex mixtures
-- sub-ppm mass accuracy in both MS and MS/MS mode for high confidence IDs
-- uncompromised MS sensitivity for discovery applications
-- SmartFormula(TM) 3D unambiguous determination of molecular sum formulae for molecules up to 1 kDalton;
"Now ultra-high resolution mass spectrometry over broad mass ranges is finally compatible with ultra performance liquid chromatography," explained Bruker Daltonics Executive Vice President Dr. Ian Sanders. "Our new maXis indeed represents a major step forward in tandem mass spectrometry, offering a no-compromise solution for exceptional accurate mass, ultra-high resolution over a broad mass range and high sensitivity MS and MS/MS analysis at a speed able to take full advantage of modern, fast liquid chromatography or fast capillary electrophoresis separations."
Dr. Richard Joyce, Structural Elucidation Scientist at Pfizer (UK), commented: "It is vital to us to solve real-life identification problems in a dramatically reduced time: our joint development of SmartFormula 3D applied at maXis performance levels meets our goal of a one-shot Molecular Formula Machine."
At the Bruker Daltonics Users Forum on Sunday, June 1st, a prestigious panel of researchers made presentations detailing a series of innovative applications utilizing various Bruker Daltonics instruments, including the maXis. On Monday, June 2nd, at 6:30 p.m. there will also be a special champagne reception in the Bruker Hospitality Suite at the Sheraton Denver Hotel for the introduction of the maxis (no registration required).
For more information on the ASMS conference, please visit www.asms.org
For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
CONTACT: Bruker Daltonics
Michael Willett, 978-663-3660, ext. 1411
Public Relations & Investor Relations Officer
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]