Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MetaboBASE Personal Library at ASMS 2016". San Antonio, TX.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Scripps Center for Metabolomics|
|Group||Scripps Research Institute, The (TSRI)|
|Product||MetaboBASE Personal Library™|
|Product 2||impact™ HD UHR-QTOF system|
|Index term||Bruker Corp–Scripps Research Institute: mass spectrometry, –201606 collab development of MetaboBASE Personal Library w Center for Metabolomics|
|Person||Siuzdak, Gary (Scripps Research 201004 Senior Director Center for Mass Spectrometry)|
Novel MetaboBASE Personal Library for Deeper Metabolomics Insights by Confident Metabolite Identification and Dereplication
At ASMS 2016, Bruker announces a new mass spectral library called Bruker MetaboBASE Personal LibraryTM, which contains high-resolution, accurate mass MS/MS spectra of over 13,000 metabolic compounds for the seamless identification of metabolites.
The metabolome consists of an extremely complex mixture of small molecules covering a wide dynamic range of concentrations. Being able to annotate previously described known target metabolites, called dereplication, is essential to fully understand the biological context of metabolomics data and to gain deeper insights. Annotation of known target metabolites becomes critical and must be automatic and conclusive. Mass spectral libraries containing endogenous and exogenous metabolites enable matching experimental MS/MS spectra for automatic dereplication.
The Bruker MetaboBASE Personal Library was generated in collaboration with Professor Gary Siuzdak of the Scripps Center for Metabolomics, La Jolla, California, and is available from Bruker. Professor Gary Siuzdak and Dr. Paul Benton, both well-recognized researchers in metabolomics, were instrumental in assembling the MS/MS spectra of over 13,000 compounds that have been acquired on Bruker high-resolution, accurate mass QTOF instruments.
The data were obtained from synthetic or isolated standards, including di- and tri-peptides, in addition to endogenous and exogenous metabolites. All spectra were measured in positive and negative mode using different collision energies. Supplemental data includes database IDs and hyperlinks to external databases, including HMDB, KEGG, and PubChem, which allow researchers to quickly bring identified metabolites into a biological context.
Dr. Aiko Barsch, Market Manager for Metabolomics at Bruker Daltonics, commented: “Comparing high-resolution, accurate mass (HRAM) MS/MS data acquired on Bruker QTOF instruments with a spectral library on a local PC, the Bruker MetaboBASE Personal Library allows the automated and positive identification of known compounds. This foundation for linking HRAM-MS/MS data to biology assists our customers in gaining deeper insights into their metabolomics research.”
Professor Gary Siuzdak at The Scripps Center for Metabolomics in La Jolla, California, stated: “By comparing high-resolution, accurate mass MS/MS data acquired on our recently installed Bruker impact QTOF instrument, we can confidently say that the Bruker MetaboBASE Personal Library facilitates fast, automated identification and dereplication of known compounds.”
# # #
Director, Marketing Solutions
T: +45 263 320 21
Record changed: 2016-07-01
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]