Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/2/08). "Press Release: Bruker Daltonics Introduces Novel LC/GC Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometer micrOTOF II for LC/MS and GC/MS on One System". Denver, CO.
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||micrOTOF™ II API-TOF mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry)|
|Person||Willett, Michael (Bruker 200806 PR + Investor Relations Manager)|
Bruker's next generation high-resolution API-TOF - now available for LC/MS and GC/MS on the same system - allows high-performance TOF analysis from polar to volatile analytes
At ASMS 2008, Bruker Daltonics today announced the new further enhanced micrOTOF II API-TOF mass spectrometer, as well as a novel, optional GC-APCI Interface for a single high-performance platform for LC/MS and GC/MS with unprecedented analyte flexibility.
Bruker Daltonics has enhanced its well-known high-resolution API-TOF system, the micrOTOF(TM), even further improving its resolution to greater than 16,500 and its mass accuracy to 1-2 ppm. Even better mass accuracy plus SmartFormula(TM) makes the micrOTOF II an outstanding instrument in its class, providing the user with high confidence in formula determination and identification, even in complex mixtures.
For additional analytical flexibility, the micrOTOF II now can be equipped with a new GC-APCI (atmospheric pressure chemical ionization) interface which allows GC/TOF-MS analysis on the same instrument. This cost-effective combination obviates the need for a dedicated GC/TOF, offering instead outstanding mass accuracy and resolution on a single platform with simple interchange between LC and GC operation in a few minutes without tools. The micrOTOF II the first universal bench-top accurate mass tool for GC and LC chemical analysis.
Typical applications for GC/TOF-MS include multiple target screening, identification of unknown peaks in the GC chromatogram and metabolomics studies. The high acquisition speed of 20 Hz spectra-to-disk of the micrOTOF II allows temporal resolution of the sharp peaks which are generated by a GC. All renowned Bruker software tools to deliver real answers from LC/TOF-MS data, such as Smartformula(TM) for molecular sum formula generation, or TargetAnalysis(TM) for screening can be immediately applied to GC/TOF analysis.
The GC-APCI source can be further upgraded with a laser to APLI (atmospheric pressure laser ionization) which is an exciting new ionization technique for specific applications such as ultra-trace determination of PAH in food and water. The APLI technique delivers dramatic improvements in sensitivity and selectivity for these applications.
A presentation on the new GC-APCI Interface will be given in the Bruker Workshop on Tuesday, June 3rd from 12-1 pm in Room 406 of the Colorado Convention Center.
Additional information will be available at the Bruker Daltonics Exhibition Booth (#65) during the ASMS conference and at the Bruker Daltonics Hospitality Suite from 7-11 pm on Monday June 2nd to Wednesday June 4th in the Windows room, Denver Sheraton. For more information on the ASMS conference, please visit www.asms.org. For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
CONTACT: Bruker Corporation
Michael Willett, 978-663-3660, ext. 1411
Public Relations & Investor Relations Officer
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]