Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/18/13). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Multimodal Preclinical Imaging Animal Bed". Savannah, GA.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Person||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
A Solution for Higher Productivity and Improved Workflow in Preclinical Research Laboratories
Today, at the 2013 World Molecular Imaging Congress (WMIC), Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) introduced a new multimodal animal bed enabling multiple sequential imaging sessions in preclinical research with robust repositioning between scans, while avoiding unwanted motion of the animal during the investigation. This innovation optimizes results for image fusion, combined processing and evaluation of preclinical research applications requiring multiple imaging modalities across multiple systems. The multimodal animal bed is compatible with most Bruker preclinical imaging systems, including the BioSpec® and ICON™ systems for MRI, Albira™ for PET/SPECT/CT, SKYSCAN 1176 for micro-CT, and Xtreme for Optical Molecular Imaging.
"We are absolutely thrilled about this animal bed platform," said W. Matthew Leevy, Ph.D., Director of Biological Imaging at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana. "It will enable rapid image fusion between any of the eight imaging modalities within our core facility at Notre Dame, and result in higher orders of non-invasive, multimodal imaging experiments."
High precision animal positioning is achieved due to an intrinsic registration system that provides a joint reference point on each connector within Bruker's preclinical imaging systems. Based on this information, data combination through image superposition can be performed automatically and accurately. The quick-lock connector offers identical interfaces for animal supervision and care, including anesthesia, warming, respiratory control, 3-point ECG for heart rate, and body temperature sensor. The life signals may be used for gating and triggering experiments. In addition, the closed design of the cassettes guarantees safe removal of the anesthetic gases and maximum reproducibility during co-registration of the data.
"We are very pleased with this important new development uniquely available from Bruker," stated Dr. Tim Wokrina, Global Product Manager for MRI at Bruker BioSpin. "A robust multimodality imaging workflow today is key for the success of many modern preclinical imaging laboratories. In addition to higher productivity, one also significantly improves on image quality."
The multimodal animal bed system will initially be delivered with a 30 mm cassette for mouse imaging. A larger cassette for rat imaging applications will follow in 2014. Bruker imaging systems offer standardized DICOM export to enable easy and automated co-registration of images, joint processing and evaluation with maximum precision.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for diagnostics, industrial, clinical and applied analysis.
For more information: www.bruker.com
For more information on the multimodal preclinical imaging animal bed: www.bruker.com/AnimalBedSystem
For more information on Bruker at WMIC: www.bruker.com/WMIC
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, +49 (721) 5161 - 6500
Bruker Director of Marketing Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]