Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/18/13). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Multimodal Preclinical Imaging Animal Bed". Savannah, GA.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||laboratory equipment and instruments|
|Person||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
A Solution for Higher Productivity and Improved Workflow in Preclinical Research Laboratories
Today, at the 2013 World Molecular Imaging Congress (WMIC), Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) introduced a new multimodal animal bed enabling multiple sequential imaging sessions in preclinical research with robust repositioning between scans, while avoiding unwanted motion of the animal during the investigation. This innovation optimizes results for image fusion, combined processing and evaluation of preclinical research applications requiring multiple imaging modalities across multiple systems. The multimodal animal bed is compatible with most Bruker preclinical imaging systems, including the BioSpec® and ICON™ systems for MRI, Albira™ for PET/SPECT/CT, SKYSCAN 1176 for micro-CT, and Xtreme for Optical Molecular Imaging.
"We are absolutely thrilled about this animal bed platform," said W. Matthew Leevy, Ph.D., Director of Biological Imaging at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana. "It will enable rapid image fusion between any of the eight imaging modalities within our core facility at Notre Dame, and result in higher orders of non-invasive, multimodal imaging experiments."
High precision animal positioning is achieved due to an intrinsic registration system that provides a joint reference point on each connector within Bruker's preclinical imaging systems. Based on this information, data combination through image superposition can be performed automatically and accurately. The quick-lock connector offers identical interfaces for animal supervision and care, including anesthesia, warming, respiratory control, 3-point ECG for heart rate, and body temperature sensor. The life signals may be used for gating and triggering experiments. In addition, the closed design of the cassettes guarantees safe removal of the anesthetic gases and maximum reproducibility during co-registration of the data.
"We are very pleased with this important new development uniquely available from Bruker," stated Dr. Tim Wokrina, Global Product Manager for MRI at Bruker BioSpin. "A robust multimodality imaging workflow today is key for the success of many modern preclinical imaging laboratories. In addition to higher productivity, one also significantly improves on image quality."
The multimodal animal bed system will initially be delivered with a 30 mm cassette for mouse imaging. A larger cassette for rat imaging applications will follow in 2014. Bruker imaging systems offer standardized DICOM export to enable easy and automated co-registration of images, joint processing and evaluation with maximum precision.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for diagnostics, industrial, clinical and applied analysis.
For more information: www.bruker.com
For more information on the multimodal preclinical imaging animal bed: www.bruker.com/AnimalBedSystem
For more information on Bruker at WMIC: www.bruker.com/WMIC
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, +49 (721) 5161 - 6500
Bruker Director of Marketing Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]