Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (4/15/13). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Actively Refrigerated Ascend Aeon Magnet Product Line. Novel NMR Magnet System Provides Unmatched Convenience and Independence from Cyrogen Supply". New York.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ETH Zürich (ETHZ)|
|Product||Ascend™ Aeon NMR Magnet (product series)|
|Product 2||NMR spectroscopy|
|Person||Maas, Werner (Bruker 201104 President Bruker BioSpin)|
At the 54th Experimental NMR Conference (ENC), Bruker introduces new Ascend™ Aeon 600 and 700 superconducting, nitrogen-free magnet systems, which feature fully integrated Helium reliquefaction. The unique Aeon technology enables long-term care-free operation without the need for user maintenance and without compromising Bruker's industry-leading NMR performance. By obviating the need for liquid helium and nitrogen refills, the Ascend Aeon 600 and 700 MHz magnets deliver user convenience and substantial independence from cryogen supplies. Optional Ascend Aeon magnets require a higher initial capital investment than standard 600 and 700 MHz Ascend low-loss magnets, which require periodic refills of liquid Nitrogen and liquid Helium, and which will continue to be offered as Bruker's standard NMR magnets.
In addition, Bruker now also offers actively refrigerated Ascend Aeon 400 and 500 magnets, which are nitrogen-free, have very low liquid Helium evaporation rates, and require liquid Helium refills only every 18 months. These Ascend Aeon 400 and 500 magnets represent a cost-effective, convenient surcharge option for routine 400 and 500 MHz NMR customers, and also provide highest quality NMR results. In recent years, Bruker has already successfully installed close to 20 such Ascend Aeon 400 and 500 magnets in customer laboratories around the world, with excellent results and field reliability.
With scheduled refrigeration maintenance service from Bruker, all Ascend Aeon magnet systems can be operated by customers in a care-free manner for years. Hundreds of preclinical MRI customers worldwide have been enjoying this level of convenience since the introduction of Bruker's actively refrigerated MRI magnets more than a decade ago.
With their reduced size and weight, the standard Ascend magnets, launched by Bruker in the last 3 years, make important contributions to environmental sustainability and reduce costs due to significant reductions in Helium consumption of up to 50%, compared to previous generations of Bruker low-loss magnets. With this year's introduction of the new Ascend Aeon technology, Bruker has now further responded to worldwide concerns regarding Helium shortages, as well as the rise in Helium costs. Ascend Aeon magnets achieve this by combining the latest active-shielding technology with Bruker's advanced, proprietary refrigeration designs featuring integrated low-vibration cryocoolers, thus providing reliable long-term operation - importantly without compromising NMR performance.
The novel Ascend Aeon 600 and 700 MHz magnets are straightforward to install and are equipped with an integrated monitoring unit and sound insulation, providing safe, user-friendly and quiet operation. By maintaining the reserve liquid helium reservoir in the Aeon design, which is filled once upon initial installation, the long-term Ascend Aeon magnet stability is maintained, even in the event of potential power outages lasting several days and even up to a week.
"With the new Ascend Aeon we have been able to focus on the science and not the magnet technology. Its convenience makes our daily tasks easier," commented Dr. Sarah Kliegman at the ETH Institute for Biogeochemistry and Pollutant Dynamics (IBP) in Zürich, Switzerland, where an Ascend Aeon 400 magnet has been installed and running already for well over one year.
"Built on the proven reliability, performance and wealth of experience gained from thousands of UltraShield and Ascend NMR magnet installations worldwide, the optional Ascend Aeon magnet refrigeration technology offers unique additional benefits for safety, convenience and cost efficiency," stated Dr. Rene Jeker, the global Magnet Technical Director of Bruker BioSpin.
Dr. Werner Maas, President of Bruker BioSpin, added: "While already available in hundreds of our preclinical MRI magnets for years, the extreme demands for stability and spectral purity of high-resolution NMR had until recently prevented us from introducing this active refrigeration convenience for NMR magnets. Thanks to several proprietary technological breakthroughs and further magnet and refrigeration systems integration optimization over several years, our magnet engineers have now made the 'care-free' Ascend Aeon option available also to our high-resolution NMR customers."
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as industrial, diagnostics and applied analysis.
For more information, please visit www.bruker.com.
For more information on the Ascend Aeon magnet series, please visit: www.bruker.com/Aeon
For more information on the 54th ENC, please visit: www.enc-conference.org
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, +49 (721) 5161 - 6500
Director of Marketing Communications
Record changed: 2016-03-20
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]