Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Novel HDX Solution for Protein Conformation Studies". San Antonio, TX.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||Leap Technologies Inc.|
|Product||Bruker HDX Solution (Hydrogen Deuterium Exchange Solution)|
|Product 2||HDExaminer HDX-MS interpretation software|
|Person||Galvin, Bob (Bruker Corp 201411 VP Biopharmaceutical Business Unit)|
Automated HDX solution based on maXis II ETD-QTOF enables fast, reliable and quantitative hydrogen/deuterium exchange studies in biopharma and life-science research applications
At ASMS 2016, Bruker today announced a new Hydrogen Deuterium Exchange (HDX) workflow on Bruker’s new HDX Solution™. The Bruker HDX Solution enables an automated and reliable HDX-MS workflow combining the LEAP H/D-X PAL™ (LEAP Technologies) with Bruker’s market-leading ultra-high mass resolution maXis II ETD UHR-QTOF system, and the Sierra Analytics HDExaminer software. The Bruker HDX Solution delivers correct monoisotopic accurate-mass assignments for quantitative results from H/D ratios, which enables ready access to biomolecular structural insights with greater certainty and confidence.
In recent years, biopharmaceutical characterization requires deeper understanding of the conformational structure of biotherapeutic proteins, and how they are affected for example by pH, temperatures or other stress. To address this challenge, HDX-MS has emerged as a valuable technique. For HDX-MS analysis to become reliable and routine in biopharma, the entire workflow must be automated, provide high-quality data, and utilize powerful interpretation tools.
Identifying structural hotspots, understanding drug/protein or protein/protein interactions or determining the structural conformational changes occurring during formulation and storage are key questions posed during the development of a biotherapeutic. With the Bruker HDX Solution, LC separation and MS/MS detection are automated, data analysis and interpretation are easily performed and reliable end results and structural insights can be readily achieved.
Dr. Bob Galvin, VP Biopharma at Bruker Daltonics, commented: “With the new Bruker HDX Solution, we are further strengthening our biologics characterization portfolio, and enable biopharma researchers to gain greater insights into protein conformation and protein interactions more quickly, more reliably and with greater confidence.”
About the HDX Solution
The Bruker HDX Solution offers a complete workflow combining the LEAP H/D-X PAL autosampler with pre-defined labeling experiments, a UHPLC system, the maXis II ETD UHR-QTOF mass spectrometer with its sub-ppm mass accuracy, high sensitivity and isotopic fidelity for high performance and confidence in the H/D ratios obtained, plus the Sierra Analytics HDExaminer widely used HDX-MS interpretation software, overall offering a high degree of functionality in an easy-to-navigate environment.
Market-leading ultra-high mass resolution QTOF mass spectrometry, combined with the ETD (electron transfer dissociation) capabilities featured in Bruker’s maXis II system opens up a new era in HDX-MS experiments. The ability to enhance knowledge by probing at the residue level, and not just at the peptide level, provides more specificity and identifies hotspots more readily. By integrating the advanced HDX automation platform, the LEAP H/D-X PAL, robustness and reliability of sample handling are built-in features of the Bruker HDX Solution. High LC throughput and lab productivity are achieved via innovative scheduling software, which intelligently organizes and schedules the sample preparation steps including labeling, incubation, digestion and quenching.
The information and insights gained following data analysis using the HDExaminer software can be used to probe protein conformational changes in the presence of a perturbation. The regions responsible for the changes can be readily visualized by exporting the data and importing it into crystal structure visualization programs such as PyMol.
Professor Matthias P. Mayer at the Zentrum for Molecular Biology of the University of Heidelberg (ZMBH), explained: “The Bruker HDX Solution allows us to measure hydrogen exchange kinetics with high precision and high reproducibility with minimal hands-on time. Through automatic scheduling we can make optimal use of the valuable instrument time and increase our output.”
# # #
Dr. Christian Ravnsborg
Director, Marketing Solutions
T: +45 263 320 21
Record changed: 2017-01-05
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Nanoindenting Leader Hysitron". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Unique and Comprehensive Workflows for Biopharmaceutical Characterization, Automated by Biopharma Compass 2.0". Washington....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]