Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (9/6/11). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces PRIME, the First Integrated Multidimensional Solution for Unraveling the Proteome, at the 10th HUPO World Congress". Geneva.
|Region||Genève (Geneva) GE|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonik GmbH|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||HUPO (Human Proteome Organisation)|
|Product||PRIME™ (PRoteomics via Integrated MALDI and ESI) solution|
|Person||Suckau, Detlev (Bruker Corp 200803 Bruker Daltonics Head Proteomics RnD)|
|Person 2||Asa, Darwin (HighRes Biosolutions 201511– Marketing Manager before Waters + Bruker Corp + ESA + Tecan)|
New multi-tier workflows deliver maximum information across all facets of modern proteomics
Bruker, a global leader for proteomic solutions based on mass spectrometry, this week announced PRIME(TM) (PRoteomics via Integrated MALDI and ESI), a novel and unique integrated solution for proteomics, which will be showcased at the 10th HUPO World Congress in Geneva (www.hupo2011.com).
The Proteome has turned out to be far more complex than expected at the beginning of the proteomics revolution. Complex protein dynamics in time, localization and concentration, as well as extreme structural variability due to modifications and mutations require novel, complementary and integrated approaches to generate the most useful, reliable and complete proteomics information. There is no "one size fits all" in unraveling the proteome. Bruker's unique PRIME solution leads the way to integrated approaches for modern proteomics and harnesses the strengths of MALDI and ESI mass spectrometry technologies, as well as state of the art bioinformatics, without compromises. This results in enhanced protein identification, structural information, distribution and quantitative information, for data rich interpretation of the proteome.
Inthe innovativePRIME solution, bottom-up, top-down analyses as well as in-depth protein characterization merge to illuminate the true picture of the proteome, complete with biological context and confidence in data quality and extracted information. Novel approaches including glycomics, general PTM analysis and MALDI molecular imaging are fully embedded within workflows attuned to the evolving sub-fields within the overall proteomics arena.
For MALDI imaging, now emerging as an important applied proteomics tool, PRIME provides a complete top-down based workflow for biomarker discovery and identification from sample preparation to localization, data analysis and interpretation. Intact protein analysis for the elucidation of post-translational modifications is also fully integrated within the PRIME solution with the most stable and reliable second-generation Electron Transfer Dissociation (ETD) methodologies available. The core technology of PRIME is ProteinScape(TM), Bruker's market-leading proteomics database system, enabling data analysis at an unsurpassed level of efficiency for protein identification, quantitation and PTM characterization. This well accepted and constantly evolving bioinformatics suite manages and merges data from MALDI and ESI workflows and has now been further enhanced with the powerful new GlycoQuest(TM) database search for glycan structure identification. This complements the conventional peptide database search tools and provides complete glycopeptide identification within the evolving field of glycomics.
"Bruker has been at the leading edge of mass spectrometry based proteomics since the outset and continues innovating to match this rapidly evolving field," commented Dr. Detlev Suckau, Head of MALDI-Applications Development and Proteomics at Bruker. "Our integrated ESI and MALDI instruments together today identify around 2,500 non-redundant proteins in the bottom-up analysis of cell lysates in merged data sets with a FDR <1%. Combining this highest performance with tools including complementary top-down intact protein measurements generates valuable knowledge about the complete protein, including sequence, splicing or proteolytic processing variants and post-translational modifications (PTMs)."
Bruker's PRIME solution delivers instruments and workflows, with market-leading performance, for bottom-up, top down and PTM studies, quantitation and imaging, integrating a range of technologies including MALDI-TDS, Ion Trap ETD and high resolution UHR-ESI-QTOF, all anchored to the bioinformatics core, Proteinscape.
The PRIME solution will be presented in detail in Bruker's seminar on Tuesday, September 6th, at 5 pm in room K, and in various scientific presentations at the 10th HUPO World Congress in Geneva.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information please visit www.bruker.com.
For more information regardingPRIME, please visit www.bdal.de/index.php?id=2083.
Darwin Asa, Ph.D., +1 978-663-3660, ext. 1149
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]