Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces All-Optical, Simultaneous 3D Stimulation and Multiphoton Imaging for Optogenetics". San Diego, CA.
At the 46th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) today announced the release of the Ultima NeuraLight 3D™ simultaneous, all-optical stimulation and imaging platform for neuroscience applications. The NeuraLight 3D module is the most advanced 3D holographic solution for multi-cell brain research to decode neural connectivity and neural networks. Bruker's proprietary spatial light module (SLM) technology enables the mapping of neural networks on an unprecedented level with respect to stimulation frequency and spatial resolution on both in vivo and in vitro experimental models. This significant breakthrough in 3D optical stimulation, in conjunction with multiphoton microscopy, was achieved in close collaboration with leaders in neuroscience research at Stanford University, Columbia University, and University College London.
"The Ultima SLM opens the door to previously impossible experiments for patterned all-optical interrogation of neuronal circuits," said Professor Michael Hausser of University College London.
"Ultima NeuraLight 3D builds on over 15 years of experience of developing flexible, modular, and highest performance multiphoton microscopy for neuroscience research," explained Xiaomei Li, Ph.D., Vice President and General Manager for Bruker's Fluorescence Microscopy Business Unit. "This history gives us an intimate understanding of the challenges facing today's neuroscientists, and the unique ability to provide enabling technology for the next step in cutting-edge optogenetics research."
About Ultima NeuraLight 3D
The Ultima NeuraLight 3D builds on the modular platform design of Bruker's Ultima Multiphoton Microscopes to further augment its capabilities. The Ultima platform has a proven track record of facilitating cutting-edge research in neuroscience by pioneering advanced photoactivation and photostimulation of biological tissues. NeuraLight 3D is the next step in this platform of game-changing products. The NeuraLight 3D module mates to one of the Ultima's optical ports, and in coordination with new licensed technology, enables researchers to create a 3D laser hologram to simultaneously stimulate cells in three dimensions. With a comprehensive software toolkit, NeuraLight 3D is able to generate and rapidly switch between 3D activation patterns, while imaging, recording electrical signals, and triggering behavioral and electrical stimuli, all at industry-leading switching rates of 300 to 500 hertz. The number of targets that can be activated and observed is limited only by the peak power of the laser used for stimulation. The Ultima NeuraLight 3D module is available as an option for all new Ultima multiphoton systems, and as an upgrade to Ultima systems produced since 2006.
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance, scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com.
Bruker Nano Surfaces
T: +1 (520) 295-4373
Bruker Corporation Head of Investor Relations
T: +1 (978) 663-3660 x1479
Record changed: 2016-12-08
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]