Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (11/14/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces All-Optical, Simultaneous 3D Stimulation and Multiphoton Imaging for Optogenetics". San Diego, CA.
At the 46th Annual Meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) today announced the release of the Ultima NeuraLight 3D™ simultaneous, all-optical stimulation and imaging platform for neuroscience applications. The NeuraLight 3D module is the most advanced 3D holographic solution for multi-cell brain research to decode neural connectivity and neural networks. Bruker's proprietary spatial light module (SLM) technology enables the mapping of neural networks on an unprecedented level with respect to stimulation frequency and spatial resolution on both in vivo and in vitro experimental models. This significant breakthrough in 3D optical stimulation, in conjunction with multiphoton microscopy, was achieved in close collaboration with leaders in neuroscience research at Stanford University, Columbia University, and University College London.
"The Ultima SLM opens the door to previously impossible experiments for patterned all-optical interrogation of neuronal circuits," said Professor Michael Hausser of University College London.
"Ultima NeuraLight 3D builds on over 15 years of experience of developing flexible, modular, and highest performance multiphoton microscopy for neuroscience research," explained Xiaomei Li, Ph.D., Vice President and General Manager for Bruker's Fluorescence Microscopy Business Unit. "This history gives us an intimate understanding of the challenges facing today's neuroscientists, and the unique ability to provide enabling technology for the next step in cutting-edge optogenetics research."
About Ultima NeuraLight 3D
The Ultima NeuraLight 3D builds on the modular platform design of Bruker's Ultima Multiphoton Microscopes to further augment its capabilities. The Ultima platform has a proven track record of facilitating cutting-edge research in neuroscience by pioneering advanced photoactivation and photostimulation of biological tissues. NeuraLight 3D is the next step in this platform of game-changing products. The NeuraLight 3D module mates to one of the Ultima's optical ports, and in coordination with new licensed technology, enables researchers to create a 3D laser hologram to simultaneously stimulate cells in three dimensions. With a comprehensive software toolkit, NeuraLight 3D is able to generate and rapidly switch between 3D activation patterns, while imaging, recording electrical signals, and triggering behavioral and electrical stimuli, all at industry-leading switching rates of 300 to 500 hertz. The number of targets that can be activated and observed is limited only by the peak power of the laser used for stimulation. The Ultima NeuraLight 3D module is available as an option for all new Ultima multiphoton systems, and as an upgrade to Ultima systems produced since 2006.
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance, scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com.
Bruker Nano Surfaces
T: +1 (520) 295-4373
Bruker Corporation Head of Investor Relations
T: +1 (978) 663-3660 x1479
Record changed: 2016-12-08
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]