Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (4/20/15). "Press Release: Bruker Launches New High-Performance Benchtop EPR System". Asilomar, CA.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||University of Denver (DU)|
|Product||EMXnano™ Benchtop EPR System|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
|Person||Maas, Werner (Bruker 201104 President Bruker BioSpin)|
|Person 2||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) today launched the EMXnano™ system at the 56th annual Experimental Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Conference (ENC). EMXnano™ is the first high-performance benchtop EPR (electron paramagnetic resonance) instrument, making research-grade EPR capabilities accessible to a broader range of scientists.
The EMXnano can be used to analyze many EPR samples, including transition metals, antioxidants and free radicals, providing valuable information and insights into biological and chemical systems. Bruker has integrated a novel, permanent magnet and an efficient new microwave resonator to deliver unmatched sensitivity and stability in a benchtop EPR system, making the EMXnano suitable for a wide range of analyses, teaching applications, as well as for quantitative EPR with the inclusion of Bruker’s patented spin counting module.
The EMXnano has been designed with the user in mind, delivering research performance with ease of use. The instrument includes defined workflows for easy and fast system setup, with a user friendly interface that allows parameters to be easily adjusted also by non-EPR experts. Various accessories are available to tailor the EMXnano to specific application fields. The extension of Bruker’s renowned EMX spectrometer family to the benchtop provides many features typically found only on sophisticated, floor-standing EPR instruments.
Professors Sandra and Gareth Eaton from the University of Denver commented: “We congratulate Bruker on the impressive engineering and performance of the EMXnano. Its sensitivity, scan range, and ease of use will stimulate adoption of EPR by a larger scientific community. We are especially pleased with the quantitative EPR capabilities.”
EPR is used for both static and dynamic investigations of materials, chemicals and biological systems, including molecular radical structures and formation. EPR is advantageous for dynamic measurements as an EPR spectrum can be measured while applying changes in conditions, such as temperature or light irradiation. Applications include polymer synthesis, testing the purity of silicon in solar cells, spin trapping to assess the oxidative stability of flavors, and the analysis of metalloproteins. In electrochemistry, redox chemistry, photochemistry and catalysis, the EMXnano can be used to study metal centers and radicals involved in chemical processes.
“New applications have revived interest in EPR as an analytical tool for chemistry, materials science and biology,” commented Dr. Werner Maas, President of the Bruker BioSpin MRS division. “We answered the calls from our customers and have developed a compact, yet high performance EPR benchtop instrument, the EMXnano.”
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: http://www.bruker.com.
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, 49 (721) 5161 – 6500
Director of Marketing Communications
Joshua Young, 1 978-667–9580, ext. 1479
Vice President, Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]