Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (4/20/15). "Press Release: Bruker Launches New High-Performance Benchtop EPR System". Asilomar, CA.
|Organisation||Bruker BioSpin (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||University of Denver (DU)|
|Product||EMXnano™ Benchtop EPR System|
|Product 2||analytical instrument|
|Person||Maas, Werner (Bruker 201104 President Bruker BioSpin)|
|Person 2||Thiel, Thorsten (Bruker 201204 Director Marketing Communications)|
Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) today launched the EMXnano™ system at the 56th annual Experimental Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Conference (ENC). EMXnano™ is the first high-performance benchtop EPR (electron paramagnetic resonance) instrument, making research-grade EPR capabilities accessible to a broader range of scientists.
The EMXnano can be used to analyze many EPR samples, including transition metals, antioxidants and free radicals, providing valuable information and insights into biological and chemical systems. Bruker has integrated a novel, permanent magnet and an efficient new microwave resonator to deliver unmatched sensitivity and stability in a benchtop EPR system, making the EMXnano suitable for a wide range of analyses, teaching applications, as well as for quantitative EPR with the inclusion of Bruker’s patented spin counting module.
The EMXnano has been designed with the user in mind, delivering research performance with ease of use. The instrument includes defined workflows for easy and fast system setup, with a user friendly interface that allows parameters to be easily adjusted also by non-EPR experts. Various accessories are available to tailor the EMXnano to specific application fields. The extension of Bruker’s renowned EMX spectrometer family to the benchtop provides many features typically found only on sophisticated, floor-standing EPR instruments.
Professors Sandra and Gareth Eaton from the University of Denver commented: “We congratulate Bruker on the impressive engineering and performance of the EMXnano. Its sensitivity, scan range, and ease of use will stimulate adoption of EPR by a larger scientific community. We are especially pleased with the quantitative EPR capabilities.”
EPR is used for both static and dynamic investigations of materials, chemicals and biological systems, including molecular radical structures and formation. EPR is advantageous for dynamic measurements as an EPR spectrum can be measured while applying changes in conditions, such as temperature or light irradiation. Applications include polymer synthesis, testing the purity of silicon in solar cells, spin trapping to assess the oxidative stability of flavors, and the analysis of metalloproteins. In electrochemistry, redox chemistry, photochemistry and catalysis, the EMXnano can be used to study metal centers and radicals involved in chemical processes.
“New applications have revived interest in EPR as an analytical tool for chemistry, materials science and biology,” commented Dr. Werner Maas, President of the Bruker BioSpin MRS division. “We answered the calls from our customers and have developed a compact, yet high performance EPR benchtop instrument, the EMXnano.”
About Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker’s high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels. In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: http://www.bruker.com.
Dr. Thorsten Thiel, 49 (721) 5161 – 6500
Director of Marketing Communications
Joshua Young, 1 978-667–9580, ext. 1479
Vice President, Investor Relations
Record changed: 2016-06-07
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]