Document › Details
Bruker Daltonics. (5/11/09). "Press Release: Bruker Redefines Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry with the Introduction of amaZon™, the Next-Generation Ultra-Sensitive Ion Trap". Billerica, MA.
Bruker Daltonics today launches the next-generation ultra-sensitive, ion trap amaZon™ series. Delivering 10x improved MS/MS sensitivity over current platforms, novel technology for accelerated data acquisition, significantly enhanced mass resolution, and second-generation fast and sensitive ETD/PTR capabilities, this unique, highest performance ion trap delivers unrivalled data quality and extreme flexibility for a broad variety of applications.
The amaZon builds upon Bruker's long experience in ion trap technologies, and is designed to enhance capabilities in research areas such as bottom-up proteomics, high-throughput and ultra-sensitive PTM analysis, metabolomics, compound screening and identification, and detailed chemical and structural analysis. The amaZon series is offered in two versions: amaZon ETD for proteomics, and amaZon X for small molecule analysis and applied markets.
The new amaZon incorporates key inventions for unprecedented ion trap capabilities:
* First commercial introduction of a double ion funnel transfer in ion traps, delivering a new benchmark for sensitivity
* Unrivalled scan speed of 52,000 u/sec at better than unit resolution for fastest UPLC applications and maximum duty cycle in data-dependent MS/MS and MSn
* Ultimate ion trap mass resolving power up to 20,000 in full scan mode across the 50-3000 m/z range: in combination with Bruker's patented peak recognition technology SNAP IITM, the amaZon provides isotopic peak resolution even for highly charged ion species in ETD/PTR fragment spectra for the confident determination of their monoisotopic masses.
* The latest ETD/PTR technology offering the most efficient, extremely robust and sensitive peptide and protein fragmentation, as well as high-throughput PTM analysis. Building upon the very successful ETD technology commercialized first by Bruker, the combination of bottom-up CID or ETD and top-down ETD/PTR provides new methodologies for detailed protein characterization.
* Zero Delay Alternating™ acquisition for high-speed ion polarity switching without sensitivity and time compromise. Up to 20 Hz MS data acquisition in both polarities is ideal in combination with fast UHPLC separations. Supported by spectral MSn libraries, the amaZon is the ultimate ion trap mass spectrometer for MS/MS based multi-compound screening.
Bruker Daltonics Vice President Dr. Arnd Ingendoh commented: "The performance of the amaZon will completely redefine the use of ion traps across an increasing range of application areas. With new, unparalleled levels of sensitivity, acquisition speed and mass resolution combined with ease-of-use, smart automation and an array of software modules for faster high-value information generation, the amaZon offers a new level of performance and confidence in many small molecule and applied market segments. In proteomics, the amaZon is a very powerful ESI-MS/MS system with ultra-sensitive, fully automated ETD/PTR, and represents a perfect complement to MALDI-TOF/TOF technology for the broadest array of proteomic analysis capabilities."
The revolutionary new amaZon will be highlighted at Bruker's Annual Users Meeting on Sunday, May 31st, 2009 before the 57th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry in Philadelphia, PA. For more information on this event, please visit www.bdal.com/asms2009. For further product information please visit www.bdal.com/amaZon.
ABOUT BRUKER DALTONICS: For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com or www.bruker.com.
Darwin Asa, Ph.D., +1-978-663-3660, ext. 1149
Life-Science Marketing Manager
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]