Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (6/6/16). "Press Release: Bruker Launches rapifleX MALDI PharmaPulse Solution for uHTS". San Antonio, TX.
|Region||San Antonio, TX|
|Country||United States (USA)|
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||ASMS (American Society for Mass Spectrometry)|
|Product||rapifleX™ MALDI PharmaPulse™ (MPP) Solution for HTS|
|Product 2||drug screening (HTS)|
Game-changing MALDI PharmaPulse (MPP) Solution Enables Mass Spectrometry-based Label-Free Ultra-High Throughput Screening for Primary Screens on Millions of Compounds in Drug Discovery
At the 64th ASMS Conference, Bruker announces the launch of the new rapifleX™ MALDI PharmaPulse™ (MPP) solution. It is the latest addition to Bruker's portfolio of innovative products designed to assist pharmaceutical, biotech and CRO customers to accelerate drug discovery, and rapifleX MPP can dramatically lower the cost of ultra-high throughput screening (uHTS) with further improved results.
[ picture / figure ]
Figure 1: rapifleX MPP completes the analyses of a 1,536 mtp in less than 8 minutes and is also compatible with a 6,144 mtp.
Ultra-high throughput screening today is primarily performed by fluorescence techniques, which require labeled compounds. Mass spectrometry offers label-free screening, and inherently reduces or avoids false positives, making expensive and time-consuming hit qualification redundant. However, for large screening campaigns of millions of samples, mass spectrometry so far could not offer the required speed and robustness. The new rapifleX MPP solution is the first robust, ultra-high throughput mass spectrometer which offers the speed, specificity and robustness of mass spectrometry for large primary screens.
Dr. Jens Höhndorf, Head of Bruker Daltonics Instrument R&D, commented: "The new rapifleX MPP is the result of Bruker's innovative development of MALDI mass spectrometers. It reflects our passion for and knowledge about this technology and its unique applications. The rapifleX MALDI-TOF with its new 10 kHz scanning laser technology, enhanced sensitivity and exceptional robustness-by-design opens entirely new applications for MALDI mass spectrometry and allows our customers to improve their existing applications, especially for molecular MALDI mass-spec imaging (MSI) and now also for MALDI-uHTS."
About the rapifleX MALDI PharmaPulse Solution
As a dedicated uHTS solution to accelerate drug discovery, the rapifleX MPP provides numerous advantages over traditional technologies. Its label-free detection of substrates and products accelerates assay development, reduces complexity of screening, and avoids artifacts from interferences with the labels used in traditional uHTS technologies.
W. Adam Hill, D. Phil., Founder and Chief Scientific Officer of Prospective Research, Inc. in Beverly, Massachusetts, stated: "The MALDI PharmaPulse solution has demonstrated impact on drug discovery today, by providing a robust, label free, multiplex capable solution at high throughput. The introduction of rapifleX is an important extension, bringing MALDI PharmaPulse to ultra-high throughput speeds and increasing the robustness of the platform for large screens."
Compared to existing LC/SPE-MS HTS solutions, the rapiflex MPP is 100-1000x faster and uses about 100x less solvent, without the need for LC columns and other LC consumables.
Based on Bruker's proprietary new 10 kHz smartbeam® 3D laser system developed for the rapifleX, and incorporating a new integrated microtitre plate (mtp) sample changer and HTS automation solutions (e.g. robotics and automation software from HighRes Biosolutions, Woburn, MA), this is the first mass-spectrometry based, label-free uHTS solution, using standard 1,536 mtps, or even the latest 6,144 mtps. The rapifleX MPP completes the analyses of a 1,536 mtp in less than 8 minutes, and due to its extreme robustness is ideally suited for primary screens of millions of compounds, with significantly lower cost per sample and unprecedented primary screen 'true hit' rates.
About the Bruker Corporation
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com
Director, Marketing Solutions, Bruker Daltonics
T: 45 2633 2021
Director, Investor Relations, Bruker Corporation
T: 1 (978)-663-3660
Record changed: 2016-07-01
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]