Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (8/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Accelerates Extreme Resolution Isotope Fine Structure (IFS) Mass Spectrometry with Launch of New solariX 2XR FTMS System". Toronto, ON.
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||IMSF (International Mass Spectrometry Foundation)|
|Product||IMSC 2016 Toronto|
|Person||Lewtas, Tony (Bruker 201504 Senior Marketing Communications Manager)|
|Person 2||Desrochers, Stacey (Bruker 201009 Director Investor Relations)|
Faster and easier IFS analysis with mass resolving power of 1.2 million in one second can now routinely determine the molecular sum formulae of unknown small molecules with an affordable 7 Tesla magnet
At the International Mass Spectrometry Conference (IMSC 2016), Bruker today introduced the next-generation solariX™ 2XR Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometer (FTMS) to accelerate 'extreme resolution' mass spectrometry with mass resolving powers in the range of 1-10 million, which are not achievable with any other mass spectrometry technologies.
Conventional mass spectrometry only sees nominal mass peaks for the isotopic clusters within detected compounds, although they are actually comprised of many different heteroatom isotopologues. The solariX 2XR allows the user to routinely view isotopic fine structure, eliminating ambiguity for elemental formula determination by unlocking the secrets of this previously hidden realm.
The new solariX 2XR system, with an affordable 7 Tesla magnet, further advances the revolutionary method of isotope fine structure (IFS) mass spectrometry by reducing the time necessary to acquire IFS mass spectra, and by making IFS analysis easy and routine for broad applicability in chemistry research.
Its novel OMEGA detection electronics effectively doubles the detected ion cyclotron frequencies, thereby cutting in half the required measurement time to obtain IFS in time-sensitive small molecule workflows such as LC/MS and MALDI MS imaging. This patented enhancement to the acclaimed ParaCell FTMS detector cell increases the resolving power even further to a record-breaking 1.2 million in one second at m/z 200, with excellent quantitative isotope ratio fidelity. The unique solariX 2XR system also can routinely acquire mass spectra with more than 10 million resolving power, providing clear separation of molecular details that cannot be resolved with any other technologies, for the analysis of extremely complex mixtures in petroleomics, dissolved organic matter (DOM), MS imaging, metabolomics or top-down proteomics.
The previous generation solariX XR FTMS introduced analytical chemists to powerful isotopic fine structure (IFS) analysis with unprecedented molecular sum formula specificity, where the exact elemental composition of a small molecule can be unambiguously obtained directly from extreme resolution mass spectra. In the last few years, this level of IFS specificity has quickly become a routine tool in small molecule analysis, whether in metabolomics, pharmaceutical research, forensics or small molecule MS imaging.
Researchers at the RIKEN Center of Sustainable Resource Science in Yokohama, Japan, have been successfully utilizing the power of IFS for several years to unravel the complexities of plant metabolomics. They have recently employed the IFS method to discover novel drug targets from asparagus. Dr. Ryo Nakabayshi of the RIKEN metabolomics function research group commented: "The extreme resolving power only offered by FT-ICR-MS technology enabled us to create a powerful IFS workflow to efficiently discover and identify new bioactive, sulfur-containing metabolites in plants. We expect that the further improvements in the new solariX 2XR system will significantly increase the ease and speed associated with implementing IFS into a wide variety of analytical roles."
For more information on the solariX, please visit http://www.bruker.com/solariX.
About Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR)
For more than 50 years, Bruker has enabled scientists to make breakthrough discoveries and develop new applications that improve the quality of human life. Bruker's high-performance scientific research instruments and high-value analytical solutions enable scientists to explore life and materials at molecular, cellular and microscopic levels.
In close cooperation with our customers, Bruker is enabling innovation, productivity and customer success in life science molecular research, in applied and pharma applications, in microscopy, nano-analysis and industrial applications, as well as in cell biology, preclinical imaging, clinical research, microbiology and molecular diagnostics. For more information, please visit: www.bruker.com
Senior Editor, Marketing Solutions
Bruker Daltonics Division
T: +1 978-663-3600, x1212
Director, Investor Relations
T: +1 978-663-3660
Record changed: 2016-09-12
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Nanoindenting Leader Hysitron". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Unique and Comprehensive Workflows for Biopharmaceutical Characterization, Automated by Biopharma Compass 2.0". Washington....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]