Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (5/21/12). "Press Release: Bruker Announces the Release the New ultrafleXtreme MALDI-TOF/TOF Mass Spectrometer for Novel Applications Achievements Far Beyond Traditional Boundaries". Vancouver, BC.
|Organisation||Bruker Corporation (Nasdaq: BRKR)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||ultrafleXtreme™ MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometer|
|Product 2||ASMS 2012 Vancouver|
|Person||Audet, Paula (Bruker 201205 Marketing Communications Specialist)|
At ASMS 2012, Bruker announces the launch of the new ultrafleXtreme™ MALDI TOF/TOF system. Bruker's market leading, top of the range product has been significantly enhanced to offer both increased analytical power and entirely new functionality, extending the applications envelope of MALDI TOF/TOF far beyond the conventional concepts of what's possible in molecular histology, glycoprotein and biopharmaceuticals analysis.
Already the acknowledged leader in Mass Spectrometry Imaging (MSI), the next-generation ultrafleXtreme system incorporates the Bruker patented smartbeam™ laser, now with up to 2 kHz repetition rate with true-pixel image resolution at 20µm for proteins. This development marks a new milestone in the pioneering smartbeam laser technology, designed and manufactured exclusively by Bruker for unmatched performance in MALDI mass spectrometry.
While biomarker discovery in large tissue-sample cohorts can now be achieved at record high speed, Bruker has also significantly extended the discovery potential of Molecular Histology with the new ImageID™ workflow. The proprietary ImageID workflow is a fully-integrated process to provide scientists with integrated tissue maps for both protein distribution and identification. More than 100 proteins are typically characterized by the ImageID workflow, where consecutive histological sections are processed in parallel to generate complementary datasets in a single software environment for comprehensive analysis. ImageID yields identifications of approximately 80% of all peptides observed in imaging measurements, also those derived from high molecular weight proteins. For the first time, the method can access fixed (FFPE) tissue, allowing molecular histology to be applied to vast collections of archived clinical samples to unlock a potential treasure chest of biomarker data in cancer studies.
The ultrafleXtreme has also become the industry trendsetter in tools for biopharmaceutical characterization with patented Top-Down T3-Sequencing for revealing terminal modifications, post-translational modifications (PTMs) and sequence impurities. Bruker now presents its rapidly expanding biologics customer base with high resolution intact biomolecule analysis on the new ultrafleXtreme platform. The new MALDI-TOF/TOF system leaps across the conventional boundary between MALDI and electrospray ionization by generating multiply-charged intact protein ions for measurements with mass resolution of greater than 30,000, which can yield isotopic information for 30 kDa proteins, and larger protein molecular weight assignments with better than 15 ppm mass accuracy. Achieved using the new ultrafleXtreme FlashDetector™ and DHAP matrix innovations, this intact protein bioanalytical ability represents a paradigm change for biologics discovery, development and QC.
The ultrafleXtreme's utility for the biopharmaceutical industry and life-science research is further enhanced by Bruker's new GlycoQuest™ glycan search engine which retrieves glycan structure candidates with unprecedented ease, enabling expert full glycoprotein structure elucidation for every molecular biologist.
"Precise intact biomolecule data at the speed and simplicity of MALDI analysis with full glyco-structure reporting really completes the picture for our biopharma customers," commented Dr. Laura Main, Bruker Daltonics' Biopharmaceutical Market Manager.
About Bruker Corporation
Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR) is a leading provider of high-performance scientific instruments and solutions for molecular and materials research, as well as for industrial and applied analysis. For more information, please visit http://www.bruker.com.
Paula Audet, +1 978-663-3660 ext. 1365
Marketing Communications Specialist
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces New Scientific Instruments and Analytical Solutions at Pittcon 2017". Chicago, IL....
-  Bruker Corporation. (3/3/17). "Press Release: Alcami Invests in Bruker’s D8 Discover HTS System for High-Throughput X-Ray Diffraction Screening in Pharmaceutical Formulation Development". Weert & Karlsruhe....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/27/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at Investor Conferences". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]