Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (7/16/09). "Press Release: Bruker and the University of Warwick Announce Collaboration for Further Development of Extreme Performance Mass Spectrometry". Coventry.
|Organisation||Bruker Daltonics (Operating Business of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Organisation 2||University of Warwick, Dept. of Chemistry|
|Group||University of Warwick|
|Product||solariX™ FTMS platform|
|Product 2||maXis™ Electrospray Ultra-High Resolution tandem TOF (UHR-Qq-TOF) mass spectrometer|
Bruker Daltonics announced today the establishment of a long-term collaborative programme for developing both applications and fundamental instrument technology in the area of extreme resolution mass spectrometry.
Building on over 14 years of experience in high performance mass spectrometry at the Department of Chemistry at Warwick, the University's recent acquisition of both the new Bruker solariX™ 12 Tesla FTMS system and the maXis™ UHR-TOF system again puts the department at the forefront of technology for high performance mass spectrometry. At the core of the new instruments are dramatic improvements, up to an order of magnitude, in previous performance standards. These advances help address the University's most challenging analyses including very complex mixtures in applications such as chemistry, medicinal discovery, protein interactions and petroleomics.
The collaboration is unusual in that it embraces not only topical applications innovation but also fundamental instrument development, the latter headed by Warwick Professor Peter O'Connor, who recently arrived from Boston University, and is one of the world's most accomplished FTMS instrument development scientists. "We are very excited to be able to benefit from Peter's ideas, and have arranged a technical fast-track for his developments to appear in our FTMS products," commented Dr. Michael Schubert, Executive Vice President for R&D at Bruker Daltonics.
Professor Peter Sadler, Head of Chemistry at the University, whose research interests focus on metals in biology and medicine, the design and mechanism of action of metallodrugs, especially the role of proteins in metal-induced signal transduction said: "In my field state-of-the-art analysis of metal speciation holds the key to major breakthroughs in understanding both how metal ions control natural biological processes, and how metal complexes can be designed as novel therapeutic agents. Moreover, this new Bruker mass spec equipment, and the associated collaboration, will allow our newly established EPSRC Warwick Centre for Analytical Science to compete strongly at the forefront of the field."
"We are delighted that Professors Sadler and O'Connor, who both have outstanding track records in the design and implementation of cutting-edge mass spectrometry, have chosen Bruker as a supplier and collaborative partner. It is especially gratifying to see real instrument development receiving such an energetic renewal in the UK," commented Dr. Ian Sanders, Executive Vice President for Worldwide Sales and Marketing at Bruker Daltonics.
The solariX and maXis will be highlighted at the 18th International Mass Spectrometry Conference (www.imsc-bremen-2009.de) in Bremen, Germany from August 30 to September 4, 2009. For more information on IMSC 2009 and related Bruker Daltonics activities, please visit www.bdal.com/imsc.
ABOUT BRUKER DALTONICS
For more information about Bruker Daltonics and Bruker Corporation (NASDAQ: BRKR), please visit www.bdal.com and www.bruker.com.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6008377<=en
Bruker Daltonics Ltd
Dr. Annabelle McIntyre,
Record changed: 2016-03-19
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of CMO InVivo Biotech to Expand Molecular Biology, Microbiology and Pathology Consumables and Assay Business". Berlin....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/3/17). "Press Release: Bruker Corporation to Present at the 35th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference". Billerica....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/21/16). "Press Release: Bruker Delivering 300 Hand-held Chemical Detectors to German BBK". Leipzig....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/16/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Active Spectrum Micro-ESR Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (12/2/16). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Corporate Partnership with International Phenome Centre Network (IPCN) for NMR Technologies and SOPs". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/28/16). "Press Release: Bruker AXS Introduces a New Member to the D8 ADVANCE Family — the D8 ADVANCE Plus". Boston, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/22/16). "Press Release: Bruker Completes Acquisition of Preclinical PET Imaging Business". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/17/16). "Press Release: Bruker and Oxford Instruments Announce Acquisition of Oxford Instruments Superconducting Wire Business by Bruker's BEST Segment". Billerica, MA & Tubney Woods....
-  Bruker Corporation. (11/16/16). "Press Release: Cetim Facility Receives Bruker Contour CMM Dimensional Analysis System". San José, CA & Senlis....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]