Document › Details
Bruker Corporation. (11/7/16). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces Nano-Scratch Capability for Nanomechanical Testing. New Option Expands Thin Film Characterization Capabilities of the NanoForce System". San José, CA.
|Organisation||Bruker Nano Surfaces (Divison of Bruker Corporation)|
|Group||Bruker Corporation (Group)|
|Product||NanoForce nanomechanical testing system|
|Person||Hopkins, Stephen (Bruker Corp 201011 Marketing Communications Bruker Nano Surfaces Business)|
New Option Expands Thin Film Characterization Capabilities of the NanoForce System
Bruker’s Nano Surfaces Division today announced the release of a nanoscale scratch option for its NanoForce Nanomechanical Testing System. The new option brings the industry-leading low-noise floor, precision, and stability of the NanoForce to controlled lateral displacement between tip and sample during nanoindentation. This significantly expands the platform’s capabilities to characterize the resistance of thin films and coatings to scratching, cracking, chipping, scuffing, and delamination, without compromising its ability to accurately investigate the uniformity of mechanical properties via instrumented indentation tests on nanoscale surfaces and structures over large sample areas.
“The NanoForce system already has a reputation of being well suited for testing of modulus and hardness of thin films and coatings with its standard dynamic testing methods,” said Min Yang, Director of Applications at Bruker Nano Surfaces. “The addition of nanoscratch capabilities to perform characterization of other important thin film mechanical properties on a single, high-performance platform greatly enhances this legacy and positions NanoForce as an invaluable asset for the investigation of nanomechanical performance of new material systems.”
“NanoForce has demonstrated superior capabilities for some of the most challenging nanoindentation applications in research labs,” added James Earle, Vice President and General Manager of Bruker’s Tribology, Stylus and Optical Metrology Business. “The new nanoscale scratch capabilities demonstrate our commitment to delivering the most advanced nanomechanical material testing and analysis solutions available anywhere.”
Leveraging the accuracy afforded by electromagnetic actuation technology, NanoForce is a nanomechanical testing system that delivers high sensitivity at industry-leading measurement speeds. NanoForce features powerful, user-friendly measurement and control software, which enables real-time experimental control based on recorded or calculated data. Built upon Bruker’s ubiquitous Dimension Icon® AFM product architecture, the innovative gantry design and hardware architecture provide excellent positional accuracy as well as acoustic and vibration isolation to establish an optimal testing environment for challenging nanoindentation applications in materials science. An optional 200 mm vacuum chuck offers convenience for the mounting of wafer samples, and built-in safety features protect the head assembly during translation of the X-Y stages.
T: +1 (520)-295-4373
Record changed: 2016-12-08
More documents for Bruker Corporation (Group)
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/21/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Quarterly Dividend". Billerica, MA....
-  University of Warwick. (2/17/17). "Press Release: Molecular Phenomenon Discovered by Advanced NMR Facility"....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/13/17). "Press Release: Bruker Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Results". Billerica, MA....
-  Albany Molecular Research, Inc.. (2/7/17). "Press Release: AMRI Announces Strategic Alliance to Advance Mass Spectrometry Capabilities for Drug Discovery". Albany, NY....
-  Bruker Corporation. (2/6/17). "Press Release: Bruker Introduces MALDI PharmaPulse 2.0 Solution at SLAS 2017 for 100x Faster Mass Spectrometry-Based, Label-Free Screening in Drug Discovery"....
-  Analytik Jena AG. (2/6/17). "Press Release: One Million Tests a Week – Analytik Jena Optimizes the Process for Ultra High Throughput Screening". Jena & Washington, DC....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/30/17). "Press Release: Bruker and iTomography Corporation Announce License Agreement for iTomo Image Reconstruction Software". Kontich....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of Nanoindenting Leader Hysitron". Billerica, MA....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/24/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Unique and Comprehensive Workflows for Biopharmaceutical Characterization, Automated by Biopharma Compass 2.0". Washington....
-  Bruker Corporation. (1/4/17). "Press Release: Bruker Announces Acquisition of SCiLS GmbH to Advance MALDI Imaging Software Solutions for Life Science, Pharma and Pathology Research Applications". Bremen....
To subscribe to our free, monthly mass spectrometry newsletter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and simply fill the subject line with the word »MSC newsletter«
To get even more information, please take a look at our [gs] professional services offering and read the gene-sensor Product Flyer [PDF file]